Author Topic: The Doctor and the TARDIS, how to stat?  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Doctor and the TARDIS, how to stat?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Not only that but I just was looking at the custom power list and saw compartment. That works well for the TARDIS

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
By no means is this complete, but it might be a decent start.

Lore +6 (represents advanced science, knowledge of aliens, etc...)
Discipline +6
Craftsmanship +5
Conviction +5
Deceit +4
Rapport +4
Scholarship (represents Earthly Knowledge) +4
Athletics +3
Endurance +3
Fists +3
Driving +3
All Other Skills at Fair or Average

Stunts:
Pilot  (Time Travel Devices +1, TARDIS +2)
Honest Lies
No Pain, No Gain
Doctor

Powers
Mythic Recovery -6
Inhuman Toughness -2 (represents bonuses from extra heart)
The Catch: Plot Devices +0
Respiratory Bypass System -1 (Treat it like Amphibious, but for vaccuum)
Thaumaturgy (represents Galifreyan Scientific Knowledge/Gadgetry and Mental Disciplines such as telepathy, astral projection, clairvoyance and hypnosis) -3

Item of Power TARDIS +1 (anyone trying to use a TARDIS must have 3 Refresh free.  Pure Mortals would have to give up their +2 bonus as well)
grants the following:
World Walker -2
Demesne -1

Item of Power Sonic Screwdriver +2
grants the following:
Evocation w/Elements: Spirit (Force) -3 (or Channeling (Force) -2)
Sonic Screwdriver uses Discipline/Conviction to set power as it is powered by his mind.

4 slots for Focus Items/gadgets, some of which are broken down into "enchanted" items and potions

19 Refresh, at least 57 skill points
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:20:47 PM by Shaft »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 03:55:45 AM »
Nitpicks:

Mythic Recovery costs 6, not 8.

Respiratory Bypass System isn't a Power, or if it is it's not one I've heard of.

You can only have 1 IoP rebate.

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 08:21:45 PM »
Thanks.  I've made corrections. I based Respiratory Bypass on the Amphibious power, using vaccuum instead of water..

Offline timorzo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Iop:  indestructable
+2 for being obvious
It must have an aspect related to a Time Lord and possibly related to randomly not working.

World Walker:  It can go into the NeverNever and take you anywhere else.  It might cost more than normal world walker if you want to take it out of the dresden genre and let it take you into other dimensions that are not based on earth.

Demense: This power lets you automatically succeed on declarations about things in your demense.  Things like, it has medical supplies, communication devices, weird computer-like thinga-mabobs.  Also, you can declare that time goes slower, or faster, or backwards.  Thus, it can take you through time.  You step into it for 2 minutes and step out of it 200 years later!

Recovery:   While in it, you have access to a recovery power.  Catch +0 Unknown.  Maybe there is a catch, I'm not too up on Dr. Who.  I haven't watched it for 20 years.

I mean, this is just a rough draft of basic powers...but it's a start.

TARDIS [-7]
Description: The TARDIS is a time traveling device known to be in the shape of a blue police box used by the Doctor.
Musts: You must have an aspect related to your possession of this item. additionally anyone trying to use a TARDIS must have 3 Refresh free.  Pure Mortals would have to give up their +2 bonus as well.
Skills Affected: None in particular
Effects:
[-0] It Is What It Is. It's a time-machine.
[-0] Unbreakable. As an Item of Power, this item cannot be broken except with a magical ritual that opposes its nature.
[-0] Takes the Doctor to where he needs to go. The TARDIS is said to be conscious and thus may sometimes disobey the directions input by the doctor taking him to where it feel he needs to go.
[-0] Bigger on the inside. Being of Timelord design the TARDIS is bigger on the inside than its external physical dimensions.
[+2] One-Time Discount. although it maybe a clever disguise in 1900's England, most of the time this device isn't too camouflaged.
[-3] Enhanced World Walker:  It can go into the NeverNever and take you anywhere else.  It is enhanced beyond the normal world walker by its ability to be taken out of the dresden genre universe and be put into other dimensions that are not based on earth.
[-4]Demense: This power lets you automatically succeed on declarations about things in your demense.  Things like, it has medical supplies, communication devices, weird computer-like thinga-mabobs.  Also, you can declare that time goes slower, or faster, or backwards.  Thus, it can take you through time.  You step into it for 2 minutes and step out of it 200 years later!
[-2] All Speak: Once psychically linked with the TARDIS you can communicate with all creatures in all languages for an extended time before the power fades

Here is my crack at it
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:39:07 PM by timorzo »

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
[-4]Demense: This power lets you automatically succeed on declarations about things in your demense.  Things like, it has medical supplies, communication devices, weird computer-like thinga-mabobs.  Also, you can declare that time goes slower, or faster, or backwards.  Thus, it can take you through time.  You step into it for 2 minutes and step out of it 200 years later!

Demense is a -1 power.