Author Topic: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)  (Read 43570 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2013, 12:43:32 AM »
we know one headache was caused by Mab

we know one was caused by the parasite

we know Mab and the parasite made a deal

we know Mab promised to stop messing with Harry's head in GS

what we don't know is what caused the incidents in TC

Which headache do we know was Mab's fault?  Are you referring to the one at the end of SmF, after she's given his blasting rod back?  Because that was caused by hearing her voice when she was angry.

Where in the book did this happen? I don't recall this happening.
In the final scene of GS, Harry says she can't screw with his head.  Technically, she never acknowledges that.  So its debatable whether she agreed to it or not.

Offline KrelianZG

• Posty McPostington
  • Temporary Catatonic Madman on Occasion
    • View Profile
    • KrelianZG's Facebook
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2013, 01:35:25 AM »
In the final scene of GS, Harry says she can't screw with his head.  Technically, she never acknowledges that.  So its debatable whether she agreed to it or not.

I don't doubt that she may have coerced Lash (assuming that's the parasite, insert your own name if you believe otherwise) to react to a few specific things re: mind control, but I really doubt Mab's actively screwing with his head these days, agreement or not. She put a lot of work into getting Harry because he's Harry. The end of CD proves that. I think any other mortal who pulled a stunt like Harry did at the very end with her would be wishing they were dead right now. She wants Harry Dresden. Not some patchwork mental zombie version of him.

Her manipulation re: the blasting rod could have been solved by a conversation with him instead, maybe, but her reasons were totally sound.

What things does she need to hide from him these days?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2013, 01:56:37 AM »
I don't doubt that she may have coerced Lash (assuming that's the parasite, insert your own name if you believe otherwise) to react to a few specific things re: mind control, but I really doubt Mab's actively screwing with his head these days, agreement or not. She put a lot of work into getting Harry because he's Harry. The end of CD proves that. I think any other mortal who pulled a stunt like Harry did at the very end with her would be wishing they were dead right now. She wants Harry Dresden. Not some patchwork mental zombie version of him.

Her manipulation re: the blasting rod could have been solved by a conversation with him instead, maybe, but her reasons were totally sound.

What things does she need to hide from him these days?

I think it's a mistake to assume we know everything that Mab has and will be plotting.  And Harry's threat to lay down against manipulation is only valid if he realizes what's happening.  If she can twist him without his realizing it, then it may suit her purposes, and still leave her with a functioning Knight. 

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2013, 02:19:37 AM »
Which headache do we know was Mab's fault?  Are you referring to the one at the end of SmF, after she's given his blasting rod back?  Because that was caused by hearing her voice when she was angry.

the one where he tries to think about the rod but can't
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2013, 02:29:48 AM »
the one where he tries to think about the rod but can't

Sure, we think it was Mab.  But it might have been co-opted to Lash.

I mean, it's not like we have evidence that the Fae can steal memories from someone with a kiss. 

::)  (completely ignores Lea doing the exact same thing to Susan in GP)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
I mean, it's not like we have evidence that the Fae can steal memories from someone with a kiss. 
 ::)  (completely ignores Lea doing the exact same thing to Susan in GP)

And indeed, they can't; those memories were still right there when Harry unglamoured them.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
And indeed, they can't; those memories were still right there when Harry unglamoured them.
That might of been a special case since they were tied to the soul gaze they had shared.
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »

and Harry's memories returned when Michael did his lay on hands trick

yall avoiding the point at the end where Mab admits she took his rod, ya know.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
I don't think I'll forget any time Mab takes Harry's rod  ;)

But I think we are dealing with special cases. Mab just blocked the memories of the Rod. She never intended for them to always be gone. And Michael had some WG (or Angelic) aid in removing said memory block.

I totally think that Mab is capable of completly removing standard memories from Harry's mind. She may or may not be able to remove a memory from the Sight or a SoulGaze. After GS, I don't believe that any memory is irretrivably lost. I believe that someone could restore said memories from Harry's soul to his concious body.

Now who that someone is...
    • Could a very talented ectomancer do it? I don't know; maybe.
    • How about Titania? Quite possibly.
    • One of the Mothers? Sure, why not.
    • Archangel? Definetly.
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline Dedwrekka

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
and Harry's memories returned when Michael did his lay on hands trick

We know mortal magic causes all sorts of problems with the person's head. both with the victim and the caster. However, the Fae are able to remove memories and affect anyone within their court or to who they've made a bargain. It's entirely possible that they can do this without causing the same harm to either the victim or themselves. We don't see Fix having headaches because of the compulsion he's under, and we don't see Susan having a constant headache when she's had memories removed.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
We know mortal magic causes all sorts of problems with the person's head. both with the victim and the caster. However, the Fae are able to remove memories and affect anyone within their court or to who they've made a bargain. It's entirely possible that they can do this without causing the same harm to either the victim or themselves. We don't see Fix having headaches because of the compulsion he's under, and we don't see Susan having a constant headache when she's had memories removed.

its first person. Unless they said something, they wouldn't

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »
We don't see Fix having headaches because of the compulsion he's under, and we don't see Susan having a constant headache when she's had memories removed.
What compulsion is Fix under? And the majority of the time Susan's memories were removed, she was off screen.

Offline KrelianZG

• Posty McPostington
  • Temporary Catatonic Madman on Occasion
    • View Profile
    • KrelianZG's Facebook
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
What compulsion is Fix under? And the majority of the time Susan's memories were removed, she was off screen.

When he and Lily couldn't give Harry any direct aid or information in Proven Guilty.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
Fix and Lily were prohibited from speaking about why Titania wasn't moving her armies to respond to the RC encroachment.  (I think that's what it was).

Of course, they knew about it, so their memory wasn't wiped, they just couldn't talk about it, no way of knowing what exactly was going on there.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »
When he and Lily couldn't give Harry any direct aid or information in Proven Guilty.
Right, then I call apples and oranges. A cumpulsion not to talk to Harry about a topic isn't the same as removing a memory, or least doesn't have to be.