Author Topic: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)  (Read 43538 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: Proof that Time Travel Harry did not fix Little Chicago?? (CD Spoilers)
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
It does create the ontological paradox, but does not the law of conservation of history as LC has already been fixed.

there is no law of conservation of history I am aware of. Its conservation of energy its breaking. and that , according to Mother Winter, cannot be done.

according to Jim there is an 'exception' to this in that any law can be broken with sufficient magical power. As Mother winter seemed to disagree, methinks the amount of power to do so must be huge.

Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
there is no law of conservation of history I am aware of.

Odin in CD.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
Odin in CD.

Okies, thanks.

me still talking about energy tho.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

wizard nelson

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »
TT Harry fixed LC -> Harry Time travels - > TT harry fixes LC. its often called the ontological paradox.
ok... easily solved.
A predestination paradox is conceptually the opposite of a Grandfather Paradox. It is where something travels back in time and allows itself to travel back in time, where if it had not gone back in time it would not be able to travel back in time.
harry goes back in time so he can go back in time, example-
A player builds a base to get ready to attack the enemy. Before they can do that the enemy attacks the base in the past destroying it. Before the timewaves reach the present the player chronoports their army at the base in the present back in time to defend the base. The base only continued to exist because units from its future version defended it and the units only continued to exist because they defended the base.
continued-

wizard nelson

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
-continuation
the timeline is likely to fluctuate
MISS DUCK i could kiss you! this explains perfectly the minor changes in details in the story like why morts hair and home changed. it was a timeline fluctuation brought on by a predestination loop :-* ;D

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
The way I understand what you are saying, tell me if I am wrong, is kind of how light is both a wave and a particle, which I know to be true but cannot grasp how it is both at the same time.

It's not that hard (at least on the intuitive level). The trick is to understand that the position of a photon is undefined until measured.

Then the wave is simply a function describing the probability of presence of the photon: when the wave is high the probability is high a photon will be found there if the field is measured.

However, once you measure, the photon will be found in a single and unique location.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
-continuation MISS DUCK i could kiss you! this explains perfectly the minor changes in details in the story like why morts hair and home changed. it was a timeline fluctuation brought on by a predestination loop :-* ;D

me explain by the fact that Harrys actually wrote the books (his biography at some time in the future) and may have made some mistakes. Probably because his note turned KFC extra crispy in changes

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »
Yeah, its the bit about the position being undefined until measured that bothers me. Heisenberg be damned. I like my particles to be somewhere whether im looking at them or not. :)

wizard nelson

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
me explain by the fact that Harrys actually wrote the books (his biography at some time in the future) and may have made some mistakes. Probably because his note turned KFC extra crispy in changes
room of recollection. shaazam! its why he can usually write in the present tense. he's directly remembering his thoughts in magnified clarity.

Offline aShorty21

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
Yeah, its the bit about the position being undefined until measured that bothers me. Heisenberg be damned. I like my particles to be somewhere whether im looking at them or not. :)
Agreed.
DV aShorty21 V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP- JB TH++ WG++ CL SW BC++ MC---- SH(Velvet Room+++++,Murphy+++,Sarissa++,Lash+,Lara+,Molly--)

Offline smwood

• Conversationalist
  • I think cynics are playful and cute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »
I figured Lea fixed it.  Her realm is right there in the Never Never.
May the Schwartz be with you. -- Yoghurt

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »
I figured Lea fixed it.  Her realm is right there in the Never Never.

hi new person !

lea was doing an icicle impression. which is why Mab was covering for her :)

Offline smwood

• Conversationalist
  • I think cynics are playful and cute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2013, 03:02:50 AM »
Perhaps Mab then, as her proxy.
May the Schwartz be with you. -- Yoghurt

Offline Polka Aficionado

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2013, 04:48:37 AM »
Or Harry could have noticed the problem before trying to use it again. Then Harry would have to fix it before using it again, and not allow himself to spend valuable time not saving Molly's fine goth behind. If he fixed it the next week after he recovers from whatever almost destroys his mind, then he would not need all that much energy to fix it, right. Or, much more likely, I understand very little about this idea and need a nap.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile