Author Topic: Blood contagion - Mab's rule against spilling blood (cd spoilers)  (Read 15443 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Blood contagion - Mab's rule against spilling blood (cd spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »
I was trying to make a joke, as any attempt to contradict this statement would have increased your total to 1001.

Not really funny I admit.
Ah okay :)
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:31 AM »
Why are we assuming that Sharkface and his coat are all all two different things?

Because we want to see the cloak again?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
So….is it possible that Mab’s reaction was a built-in autoimmune response to the possibility of a contagion? Is it possible that Nemesis is a blood born contagion?

I wonder if the blood given to DM was also a test to check if Harry is infected.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »
Someone said in another thread that there is a WoJ that the blood was more important in that spell/invocation than the soulfire. Seems to support the blood was necessary-maybe for the infection screening

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 03:24:37 AM »
Blood does not lie.  So it makes sense that any infection would reveal itself their.  As for why Mab would have to check Harry in SK could be to ensure the mark of HWWB didn't have a handle on him.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline tze

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 05:43:38 AM »
If the contagion passes through the blood, that would have rendered the blood-drinking Red Court particularly susceptible. We know the Reds called up Outsiders to attack the Council, and who knows how far the infection had spread by that point (assuming Arianna and Bianca were in fact infected). Nicodemus---who, based on his conversations with Harry in Small Favor, definitely seems clued in about the contagion---mentioned to Harry that he wanted the Red Court to be destroyed, but never specified why; if he knew Nemesis was transferred via blood, he would have known the Red Court (despite its Fallen-friendly MO of causing harm) was too big a danger to be allowed to survive.