Author Topic: Jim's 2014 Schedule  (Read 37745 times)

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2014 Schedule
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
Priscellie, is Jim's schedule pretty much done for the year or could there still be more events added? 

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 01:56:38 AM »
I've finally gotten permission to announce that Jim will be returning to San Diego Comic Con! That's the only event that hadn't been announced yet. No additional events will be added to Jim's schedule.

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 07:05:23 PM »
*dancing*  yes!! yes yes! I can get my copy of skin games signed then!

Offline llwaynest

• Conversationalist
  • Major General Toot Toot Minimus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »
I squeeed when my hubby texted me at work to tell me. Fortunately, I just had to tell my team Jim was scheduled at dragoncon and they all understood. ;D
"I would rather be drunk than eaten"
Master Ferus

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
Last year, I came 10 mins before a signing was suppose to begin and there was already a HUGE HUGE line.
One person had made a replica of Bob's skull as seen in the tv series to get signed.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2014, 01:53:46 AM »
I've finally gotten permission to announce that Jim will be returning to San Diego Comic Con! That's the only event that hadn't been announced yet. No additional events will be added to Jim's schedule.

If I'm not mistaken, he's taking part in two SDCC events, correct?  The Science Fiction Author cosplay on Thursday & the signing on Friday?

Then again, the Author cosplay might be something unrelated, but it sounds like that calendar that Jim promoted on Twitter a while back.

Also, I've never been to a Author signing at SDCC, do you have to pick up a ticket at the Sails Pavilion, or do you just wait in line near the booth?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, he's taking part in two SDCC events, correct?  The Science Fiction Author cosplay on Thursday & the signing on Friday?

Then again, the Author cosplay might be something unrelated, but it sounds like that calendar that Jim promoted on Twitter a while back.

Also, I've never been to a Author signing at SDCC, do you have to pick up a ticket at the Sails Pavilion, or do you just wait in line near the booth?

As for Dragon*Con, that was kind of an impulse decision for Jim. He applied late, and he wasn't sure if he'd get in.  Surprise!

Details about SDCC will be in the SDCC thread when I get the complete listing.

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 04:57:59 AM »
As for Dragon*Con, that was kind of an impulse decision for Jim. He applied late, and he wasn't sure if he'd get in.  Surprise!

Details about SDCC will be in the SDCC thread when I get the complete listing.

Like any con would say no if Jim freakin Butcher was all "Hey, can i crash your con?" Especially after he was such a draw for every panel and signing he did last year. So glad we had already decided to return to Atlanta this year!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »
Like any con would say no if Jim freakin Butcher was all "Hey, can i crash your con?" Especially after he was such a draw for every panel and signing he did last year. So glad we had already decided to return to Atlanta this year!

Are you kidding? Dragon*Con considers Jim a fire hazard, because his lines get so long. :D

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »
Last year, I came 10 mins before a signing was suppose to begin and there was already a HUGE HUGE line.
One person had made a replica of Bob's skull as seen in the tv series to get signed.

Yeah, you have to show up to the unofficial pre-line line if you want to be sure to get something signed.  All of the staff at D*Con last year were pretty cool and realized Jim's a Big Deal, so while they couldn't officially recognize any lines until an hour before the event, they let us congregate out of the way and would slyly direct people to the back of our unofficial grouping.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2014, 04:54:34 AM »
Are you kidding? Dragon*Con considers Jim a fire hazard, because his lines get so long. :D
At least they learned their lesson and didnt try to put him in the Walk of Fame - that would ve cause the fire marshal to definitely shut down the lines.

PS. is anyone going to gen con that would ask Jim a few of the questions in the Skin Games question thread I got going? Its up to 60 questions and if a few could get asked before DragonCon that would make things much easier.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2014, 04:58:13 AM »
Priscellie, 

Question, do you know if Jim will be in Atlanta the Thurs of DragonCon?
There is an event party going on and wanted to send a general invite out but wasnt sure the procedure - should we sent a twitter out, send the info to you, something else?

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2014, 02:14:41 AM »
Priscellie, 

Question, do you know if Jim will be in Atlanta the Thurs of DragonCon?
There is an event party going on and wanted to send a general invite out but wasnt sure the procedure - should we sent a twitter out, send the info to you, something else?

I think he'll be there the whole time, but I don't know what evening plans he's made yet. Send me your invitation and I'll make sure Jim gets it.

Priscilla

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2014, 02:52:45 PM »
I think he'll be there the whole time, but I don't know what evening plans he's made yet. Send me your invitation and I'll make sure Jim gets it.
Priscilla
http://www.gotc5year.com/
-Its going to be at the Hard Rock in the Velvet Room.
I ll just need to know if it ll just be Jim or more ppl? 
Its open to all ages too. :)