Author Topic: Jim's 2014 Schedule  (Read 37927 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's 2014 Schedule
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
I knew that *grin*

Just thought I'd be others to the punch.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Rhyous

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • J. Abram Barneck
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 07:41:48 AM »
Jim, you should come to the Life the Universe & Everything conference this year.
J. Abram Barneck
Author of Fire Light

Offline Royd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »
Hi Priscellie,

Looking forward to meeting Jim in person at the Supanova shows in April 2014 :)  http://www.supanova.com.au/news/nostalgia-stars-launch-supanova-expo-april-tour-2014/

Supanova Gold Coast - 4-6 April 2014
Supanova Melbourne - 11-13 April 2014

And Swancon (Perth) - 17-21 April 2014 ( https://2014.swancon.com.au/ )

Warm regards,

Royd Burgoyne
Perth, Australia
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:08:12 PM by Royd »

Offline Teldra

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:11 AM »
Woo hoo! Road trip to Melbourne!!
Saving the world, one act of random destruction at a time.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »
Thanks for posting, Royd!

Yes, we're now permitted to announce Jim's trip down under this April!  In addition to the cons Royd listed, Hachette Australia will be touring Jim around between convention dates.  I'm not sure if Jim will hit any of the central or western provinces, especially as he doesn't travel well, but either way, this is sure to please a lot of Australian fans!

Offline emilinya

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 03:22:46 AM »
SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Made my day! *SQUEEEEEEE*

8 hour drive to melbourne from adelaide but no way am I missing out!

Offline Royd

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »
Hey Priscellie,

Jim will have the Western (almost) half of Australia pretty much covered with his attendance at Swancon in Perth, Western Australia :) (Most of Western Australia is desert with a population of 2.4 million in a State roughly the size of 3 x Texas!  The capital city of Western Australia, Perth, has around 75% of the state's population, around 1.55 million and there will definitely be keen fans to see him at Swancon.)

The Supanova shows in Melbourne and Gold Coast will cover the Southern and Eastern parts of the continent and both shows have large attendances which include faithful and dedicated SF/Fantasy readers coming out to meet the Literary Guests! Warm regards,

Royd

Thanks for posting, Royd!

Yes, we're now permitted to announce Jim's trip down under this April!  In addition to the cons Royd listed, Hachette Australia will be touring Jim around between convention dates.  I'm not sure if Jim will hit any of the central or western provinces, especially as he doesn't travel well, but either way, this is sure to please a lot of Australian fans!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »
Hey Priscellie,

Jim will have the Western (almost) half of Australia pretty much covered with his attendance at Swancon in Perth, Western Australia :) (Most of Western Australia is desert with a population of 2.4 million in a State roughly the size of 3 x Texas!  The capital city of Western Australia, Perth, has around 75% of the state's population, around 1.55 million and there will definitely be keen fans to see him at Swancon.)

The Supanova shows in Melbourne and Gold Coast will cover the Southern and Eastern parts of the continent and both shows have large attendances which include faithful and dedicated SF/Fantasy readers coming out to meet the Literary Guests! Warm regards,

Royd

Oh, crazy!  I have no idea what I googled, then.  For some reason, Google Maps put SwanCon in Tasmania. XD

Thanks so much for the geography lesson. Before yesterday, I had no idea how HUGE Australia is. I imagined it being maybe a third of its actual size.  I'm glad to know that Jim's con attendance will be balanced to give access to the biggest number of his Aussie fans!

Offline emilinya

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
Oh, crazy!  I have no idea what I googled, then.  For some reason, Google Maps put SwanCon in Tasmania. XD

Thanks so much for the geography lesson. Before yesterday, I had no idea how HUGE Australia is. I imagined it being maybe a third of its actual size.  I'm glad to know that Jim's con attendance will be balanced to give access to the biggest number of his Aussie fans!

oh we are a very big place... the con's that have been listed cover the east coast and the west... I live in the central area but yeah the melbourne one is about an 8 hour drive which a lot of people from south australia will do for people they want to meet :D

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »
It looks like Jim will be in Australia in April for three weeks.  Then he will only have a month off before he has to hit the road again for the next book signing tour.  Then there will be the various cons he'll do the rest of the year.  No wonder the books take longer to get done then in the early days of the series.  I never realized before I became a regular visitor to this forum how much personal marketing a successful author has to do.     

If Jim hits L.A. again or Las Vegas, Phoenix or Salt Lake, I will definitely go to a signing.     
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
It looks like Jim will be in Australia in April for three weeks.  Then he will only have a month off before he has to hit the road again for the next book signing tour.  Then there will be the various cons he'll do the rest of the year.  No wonder the books take longer to get done then in the early days of the series.  I never realized before I became a regular visitor to this forum how much personal marketing a successful author has to do.     

If Jim hits L.A. again or Las Vegas, Phoenix or Salt Lake, I will definitely go to a signing.     

Jim is returning to WyrdCon in L.A. the weekend before the book's release.  His book tour hasn't been set yet, so this is pure guesswork on my part, but I'd be very surprised if he didn't start it somewhere in SoCal: L.A. or San Diego.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »
Eh-hem ... not starting in KC again?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 08:22:58 PM »
Eh-hem ... not starting in KC again?

Just because he doesn't start in KC doesn't mean he won't be hitting KC.  KC gets signing events for every book.  Let other cities feel the love, too. :D

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
Two new events have been added to Jim's 2014 schedule: ConNooga in Chatanooga in February, and WyrdCon in Los Angeles in May.  Details are in the first post in the thread.  Hope you can attend!

Offline petedj06

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »
Is there any chance of Jim going to FAN Expo Canada this year, or any of the Chicago cons?