Author Topic: Bad guys: The Fomor?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Radijs

• Conversationalist
  • Fhtagn-Didley!
    • View Profile
Bad guys: The Fomor?
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
One of the more interesting times ( In my opinion ) to start a DFRP game is either during the red war or right after it.
This is also when the Fomori begin to make their move.
What, in the Dresdenverse are they? I've been told they're some kind of dark gods from great britain. Akin to the greek titans.

But what are they precisely? We've seen their servitors? But what else could a city expect from that angle?
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Bad guys: The Fomor?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:01:12 PM »
One of the more interesting times ( In my opinion ) to start a DFRP game is either during the red war or right after it.
This is also when the Fomori begin to make their move.
What, in the Dresdenverse are they? I've been told they're some kind of dark gods from great britain. Akin to the greek titans.

But what are they precisely? We've seen their servitors? But what else could a city expect from that angle?

Check the Spoiler Quarentine Zone.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »
The very basics: They use Entropy and Water Evocation in combat (at least, the lords among them do), and Thaumaturgy specializing in Biomancy to twist their servants into hideous monsters. Expect Aquatic (they're water-associated pretty strongly) and various physical powers as well. They like kidnapping people (especially Minor Talent types) for use in their experiments. Mostly you'll be fighting modified servitors...so expect physical powers, but that includes things like spitting acid.

And they're only the Titans in the same way the Fae are Gods...since that's who they fought in that little analogy. Now, the most powerful of them likely are godlike, but not all of them (though they're pretty badass).

That said, yeah, they go into a lot more detail in the Quarantine Zone.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:34:32 AM »
and I don't think they respect Thresholds.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:53 AM »
and I don't think they respect Thresholds.

Hard to tell. Their minions don't...but their minions are physically enhanced humans, so they wouldn't. Still worth noting, though.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
Since this isn't on the Spoiler forum I'm going to flag this all as spoilers:

(click to show/hide)
Richard

Offline mightythews

• Lurker
  • You know you're dead and you're scared? Bad Juju.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
One of neat things about the Formor in terms of game design is that you don't know the true extent of their ranks. They are old, dark, wet, and mean. One of the first images that crept into my head was the creature of the Black Lagoon. Anything that fits thematically could be used under the title of Formor. Not to mention that in the books so far, they've been all about infiltrating society and swelling their ranks. If you can come up with a plausible reasoning for why something is working with them or has been converted to their cause, then use them!
You and I or going to have words, you immortal bitch.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »
I heard one thing about Mrs. Duck- Harry/Mavra fan fic. And now i'm avoiding her like her name is Melkor Duck.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.