Author Topic: References to Yeats' The Second Coming and the BAT (CD spoilers)  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Bones

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: References to Yeats' The Second Coming and the BAT (CD spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
This is very cool! Thanks for posting Cenphx.  :)

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »
@TCF - oh, I thought maybe you were affiliated with Evil Hat in some way. Im kinda seeing Fred Hicks/Evil Hat everywhere lately. He was in the acknowledgements of a CE Murphy book I just read. Go Fred!                                @Bones - thanks! Even if they dont always give us some idea of the story arc in TDF, finding the other works Jim is referencing is kinda fun. 

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »
Yeah, I've definitely seen the lines about "things fall apart" and "the center cannot hold" just about everywhere. But references like these feel like easter eggs for english majors.  :D I also think its interesting that as far back as Storm Front, the characters could tell something big and world-changing was coming. Though maybe human beings always feel like the end is nigh, who knows.

The End Is Nigh is certainly true for Peabody. Harry and Morgan saw to that. ::)

wizard nelson

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
The End Is Nigh is certainly true for Peabody. Harry and Morgan saw to that. ::)
i just found what could be a nice little clue.
Jim: The clock is ticking, and the clued people know it. /Especially/ to someone a couple of thousand years old, it really feels like we've already hit the two minute warning.
this could be a reference to the supposed gyre, a theoretical 2000 year period were time turns back on itself cylindricely and starts over.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:40:25 PM by wizard nelson »