Author Topic: Dresden Files RPG ACCELERATED!  (Read 11170 times)

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files RPG ACCELERATED!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »
There is no difference. I have no idea why they made one limited. My only guess is they didnt expect to get as much funding as they did. but you are still able to get books
I suppose it did start at a goal of 3k and we're all  hoping it hits 400 k.

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
It looks like they split the USA and international orders.  The "sold out" pledge is for both.  My guess is they got a lot more international orders than expected, and had to tack on the extra $10 for the international ones to compensate.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
Maybe but the one that is limited has an "Add $10 if outside US" fine print on it.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »
It looks like they split the USA and international orders.  The "sold out" pledge is for both.  My guess is they got a lot more international orders than expected, and had to tack on the extra $10 for the international ones to compensate.
The extra $10 are for international shipping. In the beginning, you had to add the $10 yourself if you were backing internationally, but they changed it to the system they now have. I guess for our convenience. :)

And I hope they (or do you say "we" in a case like this? It's the first kickstarter thing I backed.) reach the 400k. It looks pretty good so far, I think. Pledges are still coming in regularly, and there are bound to be some people who will pledge at the last minute. Gooooooo people!!!
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
Yea me too. but they havent been doing as good today as they were yesterday. I hope they get it.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
Here's hoping that they don't damage the company with the extras... Seriously, look at all the pdf books they are giving anyone who pledges $10 or more.  That's got to eat into their future sales.

Richard

Offline Viktyr Gehrig

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:38 PM »
The "limited edition" backer benefits are either the Consultation-- which requires considerable effort-- or the ones with the dice.

As for damaging the company, with the exception of the core books I suspect that the price of producing each of the stretch goals was built into the stretch goals themselves, so at worst they're simply making the vast majority of their money up front. It's a sound business model-- you only produce what the customers want, and you make all of your money up front, so everything you sell after the funding campaign is over is long tail profit.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
There was a limited edition part of the book. it had no extra benefits besides being the book.

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
There was a limited edition part of the book. it had no extra benefits besides being the book.

And if I recall correctly being signed and have some kind of personalisation done on the cover...
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »
And if I recall correctly being signed and have some kind of personalisation done on the cover...

You recall incorrectly. However, you do get a free exclusive bookmark at that level...which they might be running low on.

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »
You recall incorrectly. However, you do get a free exclusive bookmark at that level...which they might be running low on.

Look at the 45$ level - Fred's Ink...

Reward selection
Pledge $45 or more
FRED'S INK: You'll get everything in THE BOOK level, and Fred will personalize your copy of the game. Strictly a prestige item! Add $30 for each additional signed book you'd like to include, or $25 for each additional unsigned book without dice. Limit of 5 additional books of either type per pledge.

Ok, it doesn't say what that personalization actually means. But as far as I can make out from that it means that it will at least be signed.
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
Yes but we are talking about a limited $30 reward level that is just the book. It is between the $30 non-limited book reward and the $40 international non-limited book reward. This is what we are talking about

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 04:08:03 AM »
IIRC...

They limited the original book pledge because they wanted pledgers to specify whether they were USian or not. The idea was to cut down on the number of times they'd have to say "we need more money for shipping because you didn't read the fine print".

So they limited the pledge at the number of backers they had for that pledge, made two new levels called THE BOOK (USA) and THE BOOK (International), and encouraged people who had pledged at the THE BOOK level to switch their pledge to one of the new levels.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 04:10:18 AM »
The switch happened automatically for those of living North of the Border.

Richard

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:30 AM »
That makes sense.  Mine is now not in the limited category.  It's in the US one.