Author Topic: Magic Bullet  (Read 3150 times)

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Bullet
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »
Please, let's not have another First Law debate.

PS: Is it possible, narratively, to use a Warden Sword without making use of the magical sharpness? I always figured that the limited number of uses was just a mechanical abstraction. I don't intend this to be part of the Law debate, I'm just curious.

I always assumed the Magical Sharpness was covered by the Weapon:6 3 times per session. Otherwise it acts like a normal sword.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
I'm with Sanctaphrax on the part about the three times per session weapon 6 being a mechanics abstraction of an ever present quality.  If I recall correctly they made the YS example like that specifically because it was more impressive and cost effective than an always on item.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 03:04:34 AM »
Yep, I too agree on that point, which makes giving them Lawbreaker when they use it...inconsistent at best.

Offline MZFalconer

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 07:03:04 AM »
I just mentioned the lawbreaker thing at the start incase this had already been covered in another post. I was only really interested in looking at how you might go about crafting and using magical ammunition XD sorry to have brought it up.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:55 AM »
Enchanted item slots that increased a gun's Weapon rating by two or three X times per session is how i'd do it. The gun version of a Warden Sword's "Weapon:6 3 Times Per Session" type thing.
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »
Also you could make the gun your focus Item. Use it to cast your evocations as magic bullets but also have it able to shoot regular bullets...Actually that might be something i have my next character do.

As far as mucking up with magic goes its all about your knowledge of the thing in question. If your character is a gun expert and knows everything there is to know about guns, he is probably never going to accidentally mess up the guns he uses.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
I'd use enchanted item bullets, personally. Is your character a spellcaster?

Offline Oblyss

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 01:29:36 PM »
I do this with my necro, I labeled them as "Caster Shells" as a little tribute, and use them in a revolver. And for the mechanics I just set it up like this: It's an enchanted item, weapon5, single target, with 5 uses per session. So let's just say I have 5 bullets made and in my pocket. 

Or you could just say it's 1 bullet that fires 5 times before it runs out, I personally like the first way better.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
I like the idea of having someone (to take Dresden as the example) with a blasting rod that is a revolver and a staff that is a Shotgun.

Shoots flame from the revolver and blasts them with force from the shotgun  :P

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
I like the idea of having someone (to take Dresden as the example) with a blasting rod that is a revolver and a staff that is a Shotgun.

Shoots flame from the revolver and blasts them with force from the shotgun  :P

I think it'd be cooler the other way around, in that case, with the force from the revolver and the flame from the shotgun, but that's just me.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
Well, I was just setting an example. It would depend on the focus item size rules and what you wanted to do with it. Theoretically you could do any spell through it. Which would be funny if you were and ectomancer and were firing ghosts out of a gun.