Author Topic: mythological figures we'd like to see  (Read 39279 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: mythological figures we'd like to see
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
Hey I was a convert a long time ago when you took a sabbatical.  I'd heard about your Harry/Mavra stories and LOVED them.

But if you cannot poke fun at those you worship, what's the point?

(HUGS)

I just had a horrible idea.. ever read Blue Adept? A wizard who cast spells by rhyming..

now imagine harry has to fight a Black Court Limmeriicker  ::)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2013, 07:13:08 PM »
(HUGS)

I just had a horrible idea.. ever read Blue Adept? A wizard who cast spells by rhyming..

now imagine harry has to fight a Black Court Limmeriicker  ::)
Actually I did read it.  But that was like 25 years ago.  I do recall something about it.  Split worlds or something.

Anyway, I think it would be funny if he had to rhym IN OLD ENGLISH.  Now there's a challenge for Jim.   
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »
just remember 'y' is pronounced 'th' and youll be fine
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 07:25:06 PM »
(snort)

;D

Where.

Are.

My.

Worshippers???!!
Well, I'd say everyone making an effort to create Mavra themed erotic poetry has to some extent made a pilgrimage in your honor  ;D
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
Well, I'd say everyone making an effort to create Mavra themed erotic poetry has to some extent made a pilgrimage in your honor  ;D
And reading it is an act of worship :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline The Reaver

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »
Morrigan. Seems she'd have enough worshipers and name recognition to still be around, even if not as powerful as before.
Let the dice fly high!

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »
And reading it is an act of worship :)
reciting it is an act of prayer, reading it is a test of sanityfaith :p
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »

Offline SAZ

• Posty McPostington
  • I cast my spirit into the many spheres seeking…
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:02 PM »
??! 

I've lost my link to the Marva/Harry erotica. Could someone please provide it, I was going to inflect it onto a fan I know who isn't on this forum.

Thanks much
Last night I had a vision. The World in flames. Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization. At the center of it – I saw Mister. Sitting there grooming himself, looking disinterested.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
??! 

I've lost my link to the Marva/Harry erotica. Could someone please provide it, I was going to inflect it onto a fan I know who isn't on this forum.

Thanks much

here is part 2, part one i dont think exists anymore

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,19209.0.html

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
??! 

Thanks much

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,19209.0.html

Here you go, inflict away.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline SAZ

• Posty McPostington
  • I cast my spirit into the many spheres seeking…
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Thanks!
Last night I had a vision. The World in flames. Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization. At the center of it – I saw Mister. Sitting there grooming himself, looking disinterested.

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »
mind you, the mavra poetry is smeared over the whole thread, not just page 9 (I thought it was page 9 where it started in this incursion)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
Im just sad the original threa dis gone, Blaze's Harry Dresden xmas short is classic.

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
You know what I'd like to see?

A Nuckelavee.

To many people, the word "fairy" immediately calls to mind a delicate, liliputian woman with an insect's wings, flitting like a butterfly in a trail of sparkling pixie dust; a guardian angel at best and mischievious at worst, they turn our teeth into spare change, turn our puppets into children and sell Disney merchandise like hotcakes. Of course, in proper usage, "fairy" (originally "fae") is a blanket term for a whole culture's worth of supernatural beings, including gnomes, dwarves, goblins, trolls, and far stranger, sometimes horrifying monsters. One such example is known as the Nucklavee, Nucklavis or Nuckelavee; a gruesome Scottish legend as far removed from Tinkerbell as one could possibly get.

An almost god-like force of destruction and hatred, this particular "fairy" was said to haunt the waters surrounding the 70 Orkney islands, where its very name is still considered unlucky by the superstitious. Invisible and intangible in the sea, it assumed a body only upon breaking the water's surface; a form described by local fables in nightmarish detail. The being was sometimes horse-like, sometimes man-like, but most famously a fusion of both; a legless "rider" growing directly from the back of his horrendous "mount." Whatever the shape, the Nuckelavee's most terrible and single consistent feature was its completely skinless appearance, with pulsing veins and raw muscles plainly exposed.

Though the creature was said to be tremendous in size, its actual proportions were bizarrely mismatched. The humanoid's head was supposedly so large that it rolled from one shoulder to the other on a seemingly useless neck, and its oversized hands dragged along the ground at the ends of long, gangly arms. One or both heads - especially the horse - were said to bear only a single, fiery eye. The horse's legs were rather vaguely described as being "part flipper," fully flipper-like or accompanied by fin-like projections. Its mouth, or mouths, were huge and gaping, with hideous teeth and fetid, filthy breath that struck all living things with disease.

Plague, famine, drought and catastrophes of every sort were blamed on this insidious entity, whose powers ran as deep as its undying spite for mankind. The harvesting and burning of seaweed was said to especially infuriate the Nuckelavee, who would strike the island's horses with a deadly disease known as mortasheen. (And now you know where that word came from...) Only two things kept the Nuckelavee under control: an aversion to touching or even crossing fresh water, and a more benevolent spirit known as "Mither O' the Sea" or "Sea Mother," able to lift the curse of mortasheen and drive the demon back to the briny depths.

(above description from Bogleech.com)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:17:41 PM by 123456789blaaa »
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^