Author Topic: New Board...Connection Problems  (Read 7107 times)

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
New Board...Connection Problems
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:24:42 AM »
Loving the new board...when I can see it.  Almost every time I click anything I get the following message:
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Refreshing usually works, but sometimes it doesn't.  I never had this problem before today.  And it really makes navigation around the board difficult.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: New Board...Connection Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »
Loving the new board...when I can see it.  Almost every time I click anything I get the following message:
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Refreshing usually works, but sometimes it doesn't.  I never had this problem before today.  And it really makes navigation around the board difficult.

The server's overtaxed.  I'm going to work on moving some portions off of it, but it's going to be a long haul.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Shiggy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: New Board...Connection Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:56:44 AM »
kk.  Just wanted to show exactly what I was getting.  And I've read your responses over in the snazzy thread.  It seems to be doing better now.  But I'll have patience.