Author Topic: The Leather Duster time travel theory  (Read 19301 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: The Leather Duster time travel theory
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
well i doubt harry went relatavistic there, his brain would exploded from the mass change.  A person's awareness of time can be changed via medical means, in effect Lash just 'overclocked' his computer.

Uriel is a different issue; for beings made netirely of soul stuff (like he and harry were at that point) time becomes entirely subjective.

and yes, I believe in the present. Time may be quantum- and thus at some point indivisible- ive read articles about that possibility in scientific american. Then again it may not be. heck, it could be 'holographic'. its one of the great mysteries of modern science.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline GrandPanjandrum

• Conversationalist
  • I'm schizophrenic.No you're not.Yes he is. Shutup
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
Then again it may not be. heck, it could be 'holographic'. its one of the great mysteries of modern science.

Not if you happen to have a Flux Capacitor.  :P
Disclaimer:  Ate lead paint chips on a regular basis as a child.  Posts reflect degenerative loss of mental acuity.

Offline Ben de Wal

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »
Yeah, I think she dosed his brain with tachyodorphins to make his brain work super-fast.  But she also says at the time (pun!) that time doesn't exist.

WN - pg403
And that was what she was doing to accelerate the process of his mind in the physical world.  As a non-corporeal entity, she might be able to show him the past just as easily as the present.  I think that's why she has eidetic memory: everything that existed in her past exists in her present, so recall isn't a problem.   

The problems would arise that she couldn't manipulate the past, as that's probably a no-no, and she probably couldn't send Harry back prior to her seeing/experiencing everything in his mind. 

The work-around for the second is that, as part of Harry and sharing his soul, she has his memories as well, and might be able to go back to that memory. 

The first isn't as easy.  But its assuming that such things are off limits to Angels and Fallen.  Maybe by sending Harry back, but not herself, it wouldn't be a violation.

Harry Lash-Back Theory (sub-category of logistics' Time-Travel Theory)
1)  Harry finds out in #15 that the parasite is Lash, who is sharing/living/feeding off of his soul.
2)  They resume 2-way communications.
3)  Harry has a need to go back and revisit his memories of previous casefiles.
4)  Lash reveals that Angels and Fallen are non-linear, meaning they can exist and revisit any time from their existence.
5)  Harry realizes that as an aggelocopy feeding-off-of/sharing his soul, Lash can exist and revisit any time from his existence as well.
6)  Lash tells him its against the rules for a shadow or Fallen to go back and change the past, and that she can't visit his past.
7)  Harry says that she wouldn't have to revist his past; only he would; and he promises not to change anything.
8)  Lash shows him how to not only recall his past, but to actually revisit it, in a non-linear mental state.
9)  Harry visits himself to piece together a few facts, and takes the opportunity to talk to himself, knowing that he can only have the same conversations over that he had previously.  Hence his deeper understanding of events, as well as his reluctant knowledge of not being allowed to change things.
10)  Harry then returns to the present.

Problems with this Theory:
1)  Making a lot of assumptions on Lash's abilities.
2)  We still have a paradox, as with all time-travel scenarios, because Harry has to recall a conversation he already had with his future self before his future self existed to have the conversation, meaning that the future self would have had to have existed in a timeline where a future-future self didn't make the trip back, which means that that first conversation would have changed the future.   :o
i can get on board with this exepted harry know how to  use a piece his own soul  to  power a spell so why cant  he use a chunck of his soul to go back  if angel is all soul and time is illrevent to them  them mabey the same holds true for  a mortals
 and harry just needs a hand to learn how
 as to every one else post about there only being futer/past or what ever i cant't swim in that water  todeep for me ???