Author Topic: mythological figures we'd like to see  (Read 39055 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: mythological figures we'd like to see
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
He is in all the movies.

And we can't have a real adventure without....

Somebody to teach Harry the importance of a good hat?  ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »
I want to see a short story of the problems with names summoning creatures when you speak them correctly.  Specifically, I want Harry to go up against Candle Ja- :o
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline Cancelled for A

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Somebody to teach Harry the importance of a good hat?  ;)
....I doubt Dresden's a hat person, considering I've never once read him wearing a hat. Except for when he stole that Redhat's hat..

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »
....I doubt Dresden's a hat person, considering I've never once read him wearing a hat. Except for when he stole that Redhat's hat..

CD. he wore his helmet, cause mommie summer gave it to him.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
And yet he is wearing a hat on ever cover, and has remarked more than once that he would have been better off if he'd been wearing a stupid hat ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
And yet he is wearing a hat on ever cover, and has remarked more than once that he would have been better off if he'd been wearing a stupid hat ;)

thats an in joke. the art director put the hat on harry to make him more 'detective like'. ever since then Jim has made Harry/ Hat jokes.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
thats an in joke. the art director put the hat on harry to make him more 'detective like'. ever since then Jim has made Harry/ Hat jokes.

Harry has worn a hat on a couple of occasions.  The one I remember for sure is when he was undercover as a delivery guy.  Put a hat on then.  And did he wear a hat when he took the potion to go into the police station in Fool Moon?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
I know, which is why I tried (and apparently failed) to make a joke about the man who has an ongoing love-affair with his hat teaching harry about them...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
oh you're such a fangirl ;D

But I have to admit, it would be pretty funny (but then again, I like RDJ in his role of Iron Man becuase he's so arrogant and stuff). I'd actually watch it ;D

I am, I admit it! :P

(RDJ is literally perfect for the role of Tony Stark.) Yeah, I think it'd be fun to watch. xD

Oh I can see it now. 

Jarvis:  Sir, we are experiencing widespread system failure. 

Stark:  What? Why? 

Jarvis:  It appears to be emanating from the glowing gentleman shooting fire from his hands.  May I suggest you should land before-

Stark:  Oh, Crap. 
*sputter sputter, POP*

AAAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL! Totally! XD I can easily see that happening.

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »
I know, which is why I tried (and apparently failed) to make a joke about the man who has an ongoing love-affair with his hat teaching harry about them...

sowwy. the joke about the joke about the joke flew over my joke inception radar ...

;D

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:37 AM »
sowwy. the joke about the joke about the joke flew over my joke inception radar ...

;D
*squints intensely*
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)