Author Topic: Mavra is Morgana le Fay by grandPanjandrum (CD Spoilers)  (Read 15044 times)

Offline GrandPanjandrum

• Conversationalist
  • I'm schizophrenic.No you're not.Yes he is. Shutup
    • View Profile
Re: Mavra is Morgana le Fay by grandPanjandrum (CD Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »
Gosh, all this conjecture is fun to read...and frustrating if your own personal WAG takes you different directions.  Such as this:

In the times we've seen Mavra operating, it suggests to me a character more interested in herself, than in allegiance to some unknown Black Elder(s).  We see her tutoring Bianca in magic (allegedly well enough to throw off Harry's initial "Fuego" blast).  We find out she was, likely, the catalyst to tormenting ghosts with barbwire bindings to thin the boundaries of Reality and the Never Never.  It was Mavra who stalled Harry during Bianca's social hour to assure that a confrontation would take place.  Mavra orchestrated the Red Court War, in my opinion.  Arguably, there is a relationship between Mavra, Ortega, and Arianna.   This relationship culminated in the Blood Curse at Chichen Itza first tested in Storm Front when someone (Mavra in my opinion) taught Victor Sells black magic.  As I said before, I think you can attach Mavra to just about every book in the series so far.

Storm Front-  training Victor Sells to torment and pressure Marcone (to secure Kemmerler's Word)
Fool Moon-  Using an Erlking talisman to create the hexenwulf belts  (to secure Kemmerler's Word)
Grave Peril- Training Bianca, Instigating the Red Court War, Infecting Lea
Summer Knight- Putting turmoil into the Never Never and weakening Mab, infecting Maeve
Death Masks- We see one of Mavra's opponents for the first time...and they're just as scary.  Yes, the Denarians are contrary to the plans of Mavra.  Nicodemus points this out in Small Favor by suggesting that the Red Court are fatal to any long-ranged plan of his, and offers to ally with the White Council. Mavra is using the Red Court as her army (stengthed with Outsider mercenaries).  As more Outsiders become available they become more of an adversary to the Denarians because the Fallen Angels are all about the journey (despair, sorrow, chaos).  While the Outsiders are about the END.
Blood Rites- This book is about securing blackmail material on one of Harry's confidantes.  Mavra has done her homework on Harry's life and motivations.  Those same points are reitterated by Ortega on the field of Duello in detail in the previous book, which suggests a relationship with Mavra.  He knows all about Harry and his allies (including the Alpha's).
Dead Beat:  Mavra uses her blackmail to secure Kemmerler's Word (which she has been trying to secure since before Storm Front).  And, she sets it up to assure that all the Kemmerlerites are dead by the end (although she misjudges...Harry, Cowl, Evil Bob, and possibly Kumori remain alive).
Proven Guilty:  The whole book reflects a weakened Winter combating the damage done by Mavra's introduction of the Nemesis infection...and Winter's steps to rebuild strength (Molly, probably Sarissa is called on in the background, Leanansidhe's undergoing a cure).
White Night:  Cowl has turned way from Mavra (who tried to kill him in Dead Beat) and secured new allies...(Ghouls, White Court (absolute enemy of Black Court). 
Small Favor:  Nicodemus is back, and is truly concerned at this point because Mavra has finally introduced the Outsiders to the Red Court, and he sees his control slipping away.  He needs to increase his own strength and chooses Ivy as his conquest to do just that.  He even sees Marcone as a possible asset (mentioned in Death Masks).  He needs more coins.  He needs quality carriers, and Ivy with a coin would trump anything Mavra can put together at the time allowing the Denarians to go on the offense.  They are desparate as is reflected by the ritual they use to obtain Marcone (it was against the rules and allowed Harry Soulfire to contain them).
Turn Coat:  Peabody is Mavra's pigeon in the White Council.  It is a way to weaken them against the Red Court...to assure it's eventual destruction while she works on increasing the number of Outsiders introduced into reality...Turn Coat is the culmination of the forced stalling.  It is an attempt to weaken the Wardens by compromising Luccio (but, Morgan inadvertantly steps in).  The Nagloshii and Madeline are taking instructions from Mavra (telephone Binder gave Harry...female voice in Egypt and somewhere else with continental accent).  Mavra tries to set up the White Court at the same time as a bonus.
Changes:  Mavra's big plans for the Red Court take a big hit when Harry (using Winter's power) ends them.  Odin takes a front row role, and does Leanansidhe.  This is the good guys going on the offensive for the first time against Mavra, if you can call Winter, and Odin..."good guys."  This, is also, in my opinion the first attempt by Mavra to compromise Demonreach (I know, it is based on a pure guess that Harry is related to the original Merlin).
Ghost Story: Intermission...Harry needs an object lesson in repercussions.  Disposes of Corpsetaker in the process.
Cold Days:  Mavra's Maeve plan fails.  And it might just be the most damaging miscalulation of this behind the scenes war, because Winter has secured a competent Lady, as has Summer.  There is a potential for Winter and Summer to cooperate more fully with these known entities.  The Winter Knight is now invested in Winter because of Molly.  However, Mavra has had Kemmerler's Word since Dead Beat.  In my opinion, one of the Halloweens since Dead Beat has allowed her to return to her original form...Morgana le Fay.

The War is about to heat up and there are all kinds of different factions.  Cowl, now on his own.  Harry and the Winter contingency.  The Denarians still looking to boost their power.  Morgana and the Outsiders.  White Court building mortal power and influence.  Trust me on this one...Mab is now in a position to hand out a little payback once she trains up her Lady...and she will be merciless. ;D

DISCLAIMER:  This is all conjecture, speculation and a healthy dose of bull sh*t.  But, it's aggravatingly fun to think about until the next book.  Hurry up, Jim!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:14:23 PM by GrandPanjandrum »
Disclaimer:  Ate lead paint chips on a regular basis as a child.  Posts reflect degenerative loss of mental acuity.

wizard nelson

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
simple though... mavra promotes BC elders because of self gain, if the elders ever come back into power she gets credit for her work and all of the BC gain more power... pragmatism can still rely on impowering your seniors :P

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »
I see it as more cyclic- every five books is a nico book, every three books is a mab book..

this is done on purpose to keep us geussing and avoid villain decay.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline GrandPanjandrum

• Conversationalist
  • I'm schizophrenic.No you're not.Yes he is. Shutup
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
simple though... mavra promotes BC elders because of self gain, if the elders ever come back into power she gets credit for her work and all of the BC gain more power... pragmatism can still rely on impowering your seniors :P

Perhaps...but she strikes me as someone who really doesn't want to answer to a higher power.  She no one's lackey as displayed by how she seems to be meddling with the Red Court like it was a toy.
Disclaimer:  Ate lead paint chips on a regular basis as a child.  Posts reflect degenerative loss of mental acuity.

wizard nelson

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
Perhaps...but she strikes me as someone who really doesn't want to answer to a higher power.  She no one's lackey as displayed by how she seems to be meddling with the Red Court like it was a toy.
true but we've never seen her with any BC higher ups. to us a metaphor nazi's looked down on anyone who wasn't them, but they all said 'heil hitler' without a problem.