Author Topic: List of Headaches [CD spoilers]  (Read 21879 times)

wizard nelson

Re: List of Headaches [CD spoilers]
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »
Yeah, the main thing I got from the big list o'  head problems is that I no longer believe the logic is tight on the theory that "Lash is causing the headaches because they occur at the time she would be regenerating." I think the only true pattern that can be tied to an individual is the headaches caused by Mab's geas.
well the parasite bargained with DR to keep quiet about it, maybe mabs part of the bargain was to tinker with his head so harry would avoid certain trains of thought?

Offline DDragonfly

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »
Just had an idea.
By the way I am nonpartial on the whole Lash-is-back and Lash-is-not-back thing.
But I think that those two headache ice picks in his head are in the same location as those ugly glowing green eyes the Denarians have.
 :)

wizard nelson

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »
Just had an idea.
By the way I am nonpartial on the whole Lash-is-back and Lash-is-not-back thing.
But I think that those two headache ice picks in his head are in the same location as those ugly glowing green eyes the Denarians have.
 :)
i don't THINK so... the eyes are on the forehead. the icepicks are in the temples?

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »
Just linking to serack's post about Lash, which could explain the headaches start only after SmF:
Serack's lash theory
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 11:46:59 PM »
Here's the thing, though. The headaches for which we are certain of the causation for are the headaches in Small Favor, where Mab hides the information from Harry about his blasting rod. So let's start there...

The description from those two headaches in SmF. For the first headache, "ice picks plunging into both temples," and for the second, "savage pain." So even though they both are caused by the same thing, Mab, the description is not the same. Arguably, a third headache caused by Mab (Ms. Duck theory) occurs in TC where Harry is precluded from realizing Mouse could help him find Thomas. This headache is described as a vise on Harry's temples. So even with the same agent causing the headaches, the descriptions vary.

That being said, 2 headaches occur in SK and GP which both are described as at the base of his neck creeping towards his crown. Each occurs while Harry is researching with Bob (looking up info about the Queens and werewolves.)

FOUR headaches occur all described as being "between Harry's eyebrows"- three in WN and one in Changes.

The only other echoed headache is the one in Cold Days, caused by the parasite, but described as "two separate ice picks in his temples", "in the same place as usual" indicating other headaches occur here. But the ice pick headaches clearly correlate to the Mab geas headache in SmF. [tangent - Is this why people are saying maybe Mab made a deal with the parasite to block something else from Harry?]

Finally, Harry thinks about a several month time period just before TC where he started having and continues to have increasingly horrible migraines.

So I don't know how one looks at this collection of headaches and reaches the conclusion that Lash is causing specific headaches at a specific time. It seems like there may be a pattern to certain headaches or connections between them, but its thin at best. It seems to me that there is more evidence that something funky is going on before Lash dies, with the "between the eyebrows" headaches than afterwards, unless the lumped together "increasing series of migraines" are the headaches everyone attributes to Lash's regeneration.

wizard nelson

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »
[tangent - Is this why people are saying maybe Mab made a deal with the parasite to block something else from Harry?]

yea, DR an mab wanted harry alive, DR agreed in the bargain not to tell harry much about it. mab CANT tell harry without a scale balancing act, so the parasites bargain was probably slightly different with her. eg, making sure harry doesn't think about it too much. this would explain why he doesn't bring it up to molly immediately. esp sense he had a few ample opportunities to discuss it with her. even at the end he doesn't mention it to thomas to tell molly about it or that he needs her for something.
the only mention of it he makes at all is as soon as he gets to the boat that his head is going to explode.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:59:03 PM by wizard nelson »

Offline Ben de Wal

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 02:55:35 AM »
crazzy just a thought about the parisite? maybe luccion was the one who  planted  in harry's head. i mean  harry's been having incresing  bad migrains for the past couple of month at the start of turn coat.bad enough that he went to get an mri and we know butcher doesn't put thing in his books for nothing. and we never  really got an answer for why she was placed next to harry... so am i crazzy?

wizard nelson

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »
crazzy just a thought about the parisite? maybe luccion was the one who  planted  in harry's head. i mean  harry's been having incresing  bad migrains for the past couple of month at the start of turn coat.bad enough that he went to get an mri and we know butcher doesn't put thing in his books for nothing. and we never  really got an answer for why she was placed next to harry... so am i crazzy?
crazy? maybe.. i started a club for that, wanna join? :o no it explains it in TC, peabody couldn't get to harry because he never goes to edinburgh, she was planted to keep tabs on him and potentially take him out. an easy task considering harry gave her a way through his wards.. the dolt...

Offline Ben de Wal

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
 i though that what Harry  and the gatekeeper came up  hmm i'll have ckeck that

Offline HateEgo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
Ugh, I hate showing up late to a party.    Mab may not have actually healed Harry's nerves in his back.  Technically, all you need to do is bridge the connections to send and receive electrical impulses. To Mab that could be considered healed. 

wizard nelson

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:45 AM »
his spinal column was separated as per uriel, its not a nerve problem only, his fricken back SNAPPED in two...

Offline syntagmaton

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
She might have healed the nerves, but not the supporting bones and discs. When Harry screws Winter law, he gets sort of an herniated vertebral disc?

wizard nelson

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
wanted to throw in that jim confirm harry didn't always have the headaches  at 12:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gn-qp4aOXc&playnext=1&list=PLqgcYPgNpB6x_ex_GKRef2MeUgOKpuimC&feature=results_video

wag. i think maggie sr had took up lasciels coin, malcolm relieved her of it physically touching the coin. but having never taken it up himself got stuck with the shadow in his head. this killed him with the anyurism (this shadow wasn't the lash we know so don't start up about that) it supports my theory of maggie and her escape from hell.

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
I would say Mother Winter is Winter, Mab simply has a mainline to the winter wellspring, Harry also has a line to the winter wellspring but it is different to Mab's.

All of the Queens are Winter/Summer.   They are different facets of that power, and represent different manifestations of its nature and purpose, but they are all Winter/Summer. 

Offline King Ash

• Posty McPostington
  • Its good to be king!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »
All of the Queens are Winter/Summer.   They are different facets of that power, and represent different manifestations of its nature and purpose, but they are all Winter/Summer.

Depends on how you are looking at it. I don't think Mab represents the actual season of winter the way the Mother does, she is more in charge of the winter fae. She has a dramatic effect on the environment, but I have seen nothing to suggest that she gets incapacitated during summer the way mother winter did in SF.
There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not Today!!!! Syrio Forel, First Sword of Braavos.