Author Topic: [Spoilers for all books] Theories index  (Read 54218 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers for all books] Theories index
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
I'm not sure how you want this sourcing to happen, so I think this is information you could add to your list, but I'm not entirely sure...

WAG

Outsiders
the third walker is an infiltrator/spy: He-Who-Walks-Beneath, or He-Who-Walks-Besides SpeculativeCenphx
this parasite walker is in Raith, or Harry Cenphx Speculative

Here are the threads for the ideas you are referencing, with dates and my summary of what the theory was as it relates to the topics you listed. I'm not sure whether the theory should be under "Outsiders", "Harry" or the "Parasite", so I'll leave that up to you.

Parasite = walker placed inside Harry’s head when he was attacked at age 16
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32084.msg1395852.html#msg1395852
April 29, 2012
Parasite = walker placed inside Harry’s head when he was attacked at age 16 = He Who Walks Within
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35072.msg1676177.html#msg1676177
November 28, 2012

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:15 PM »
I'm not sure how you want this sourcing to happen, so I think this is information you could add to your list, but I'm not entirely sure...

Here are the threads for the ideas you are referencing, with dates and my summary of what the theory was as it relates to the topics you listed. I'm not sure whether the theory should be under "Outsiders", "Harry" or the "Parasite", so I'll leave that up to you.

Parasite = walker placed inside Harry’s head when he was attacked at age 16
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,32084.msg1395852.html#msg1395852
April 29, 2012
Parasite = walker placed inside Harry’s head when he was attacked at age 16 = He Who Walks Within
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35072.msg1676177.html#msg1676177
November 28, 2012

Thx.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
The parasite = Lash and whispering shadow = Lasciel theories should be mentioned, but sourcing will be a bit of a pain due to the multiplicity of threads discussing them in the months after GS was released.

wizard nelson

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
murphy is shown in harry's sight as a fallen angel because every little girl is daddy's angel an she started her decent after his apparent 'suicide'. source-wizard nelson
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:32:15 PM by wizard nelson »

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 07:32:54 AM »
BAMF!
karrin hit rock bottom on the scale of sword welder to punisher. she was wicked like. of course you have to fall to pick yourself up. i feel karrin appeared in harry's sight as a fallen angel because every little girl is daddy's angel. his 'suicide' began her decent but she clung to her job and the redemption it offered before. without it she dropped like a stone. i think her bizarre behavior in CD is simply a rekindling of faith that will resolve when she finds out what really happened. this may involve mort as he said they speak. also notice her dad works for uriel, this implies his death was particularly unbalanced somehow. (woj practically confirms it was just assumed a suicide)
this is one theory i know is originated with me. others were paralleled in like minded geniuses 8)

You need to state it as one sentence, as per the op instructions. 
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
The parasite = Lash and whispering shadow = Lasciel theories should be mentioned, but sourcing will be a bit of a pain due to the multiplicity of threads discussing them in the months after GS was released.

Sourcing is really hard for existing theories. Some are very old, so it's impossible to find the first post. Some are younger (Blackstaff is MW's staff), but there so many posts/threads saying so it's really hard to identify the first one. In other cases it's the origine is fuzzy: the Gaia hypothesis for the Mothers: I was the author of the first post linking Gaia and Mother Summer, but in the end I attributed to Dust Bunny as he was the first one to extend it to both mothers.

Conclusion: nominate your own theories, it's the best way to see faithful attribution.

wizard nelson

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »
thomas will take up the sword of love and change the way his demon feeds with it.

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
My Theories:

1. Demonreach made Harry Warden because he is a Blood Relation to Merlin

Support for Harry is a Blood descendent of Merlin

2. Kincaid is the Venatori enforcer

3. All Wizards have Fae blood in the family history

4. All Sidhe Royalty have to be related to Humans
Relationship between Sidhe Royalty/Wizards/Humans
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:56:20 PM by Tami Seven »
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

wizard nelson

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
when jim had to switch DB and PG he intentionally created a time loop in the books, behind the scenes.
source-source-wizard nelson

Elegast i invoke thee to look at my updated theory.(i explain it better)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:17:57 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
some of those are hard to define as 'your theories'

I'm still new here, so if any of them don't qualify I'll let the experts judge. It's fine with me. Just thought I'd try to contribute any way I could.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:30:19 PM by Elegast »
War Cry -

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
I'm still new here, so if any of them don't qualify I'll let the experts judge. It's fine with me. Just thought I'd try to contribute any way I could.

and contributions are appreciated ;)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline dpara

• Conversationalist
  • clear and concise reasoning. sharkslap!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
I think this is also worthy of inclusion under Mothers Winter/Summer: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,35012.msg1701101.html#msg1701101
SH[Mavra---- Molly- Lash+ Elaine+ Murphy++]

Offline MilknCookies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »
Black Council

There are three senior black council members, who wield mortal wizard powers, built three time missile barges separately.

Logical evidence:
Building three barges separately and simultaneously minimize chance of discovery. Having one being build all three seem an ineligant and slow strategy. Harry "the help" had to be rushed out to assist with this surprise attack.

Speculative evidence:
Mac tells Harry there are three. Possibly, he means three dark wizards, not three outsiders. Why send only one Walker to demonreach, if there are three Walkers.

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »
some of those are hard to define as 'your theories'

Thx for helping. The truth is that no one on those board can tell with certitude the origine of every single theory.

My Theories:

1. Demonreach made Harry Warden because he is a Blood Relation to Merlin

Support for Harry is a Blood descendent of Merlin

2. Kincaid is the Venatori enforcer

3. All Wizards have Fae blood in the family history

4. All Sidhe Royalty have to be related to Humans
Relationship between Sidhe Royalty/Wizards/Humans

1 and 4 are new, 3 was popular after Kincaid's remark in Blood Rites (Ms Duck may have been one of its advocate), never heard of 2, could you give a link?