Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122061 times)

Offline rlaubscher

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2017, 02:19:52 PM »
Are there any threads concerning the fact(?) that Harry was supposed to die in Dead Beat and would have if Marcone (Ms. Gard) hadn't saved him?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
Nothing specific or recent that I know of, though the topic does come up from time to time in various discussions, usually of fate, branching universes, implications of Death, or speculation of the extents of Gard's power/insight
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline rlaubscher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Thanks!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2017, 05:52:04 AM »
there was a really awesome thread about Harry and his moral delima's some time last winter? Really compelling stuff about how/why the coin he picked up was kept hidden despite his apparent good intentions. the reality of keeping things swept under the metaphorical rug for appearance sake vs actually confronting his own corruption. a Really meaty OP. I would have sworn it was already nominated to be moved to the reference but, I found nothing there and wanted to nominate it myself. but now I can't find ;( help?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Everyone’s chatting about Cowl and Kemmler all the time, but this is far from the only mysteries about the Dresden Files.  I’ve only been here for about two months, so I’m curious – have any of these topics been discussed at all in length?  I’ve searched and not found anything.  I’m not really looking to start new topics (well, except for the unlikely event that no one’s discussed it and it’s a really good topic) but am really just curious to know what the general consensus is on these things, and if there’s any really juicy fan theories. 

There was originally one other item on this list, but I found the discussion on Thorned Namshiel’s coin.  Interesting discussion – I had certainly considered everyone in the helicopter, but had not considered a member of the Fomor as a possible recipients, nor that Mab might have snagged it and have it on ice somewhere.

-   What really happened to Milwaukee in 1994.
-   Presuming it’s not “nothing”, what lies beyond the Outer Gates.
-   Mother Winter and Summer’s most powerful name.
-   What the curses “Hells Bells” and “Stars and Stones” actually mean.  I actually find the implication of which curses are used by which people to be really interesting.
-   What allowed Malcom Dresden to contact Harry during Dead Beat, and why he hasn’t spoken since.
-   Any metaphysical significance to Harry’s Halloween birthday or Thomas’ Valentines Day birthday

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2017, 01:33:13 PM »
Everyone’s chatting about Cowl and Kemmler all the time, but this is far from the only mysteries about the Dresden Files.  I’ve only been here for about two months, so I’m curious – have any of these topics been discussed at all in length?  I’ve searched and not found anything.  I’m not really looking to start new topics (well, except for the unlikely event that no one’s discussed it and it’s a really good topic) but am really just curious to know what the general consensus is on these things, and if there’s any really juicy fan theories. 

There was originally one other item on this list, but I found the discussion on Thorned Namshiel’s coin.  Interesting discussion – I had certainly considered everyone in the helicopter, but had not considered a member of the Fomor as a possible recipients, nor that Mab might have snagged it and have it on ice somewhere.

-   What really happened to Milwaukee in 1994.
-   Presuming it’s not “nothing”, what lies beyond the Outer Gates.
-   Mother Winter and Summer’s most powerful name.
-   What the curses “Hells Bells” and “Stars and Stones” actually mean.  I actually find the implication of which curses are used by which people to be really interesting.
-   What allowed Malcom Dresden to contact Harry during Dead Beat, and why he hasn’t spoken since.
-   Any metaphysical significance to Harry’s Halloween birthday or Thomas’ Valentines Day birthday
At one point or another I've seen them all discussed or joined in myself. you wanna hear about one of them, make a thread for it. I doubt any random discussions on them were saved. I can think of at least one example for each of hthose off the top of my head though.
*Milwaukee vs PT, Mab closes the circle on an entire city for instance.(hope te see that one in PT repeated)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:35:08 PM by jonas »

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »
I can't think of anything that hasn't been discussed here.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »
Topic on the nature of the Ladies Mantles recently(spc, the defense mechanism) i'd like to add to... where is it please?
*also topic on the Merlin supporting Harry's efforts annihilating the RCV's.

Offline bogie102

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2022, 09:11:48 PM »
I'm almost done reading Skin Game and I have a question about Laschiel's coin.  When did it get freed and available for Hanah Asher to own it?  Last I knew, Harry buried it under a foot of concrete in the basement of his house.   Who dug it up?

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
I believe it happens after the Raith deeps fight and Lash (the Shadow) goes away. Proven Guilty, I think? Don't quote me. lol

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2022, 06:23:31 AM »
I'm almost done reading Skin Game and I have a question about Laschiel's coin.  When did it get freed and available for Hanah Asher to own it?  Last I knew, Harry buried it under a foot of concrete in the basement of his house.   Who dug it up?

I thought HARRY dug it up at the end of one of the books and gave it to Forthill. It seems to be someone's will that those things are in circulation ... and it could be both sides' will. I am sure Forthill did not release it, but I am also sure the Denarians have Vatican contacts.