Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122782 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:53 AM »
Someone on these boards once posted some fun dummy pictures for a set of "Carpenter Files" and a "Butters Files" spinoff novels. It might have been for April Fools.

Does anybody remember where those were posted?

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,31662.0.html

Here you go.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of redundant topics.  Perhaps this sticky could be used more effectively...
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »
Yep, I reported a couple to Priscellie but sometimes it's out of control.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 07:09:37 AM »
Has anyone started a thread about the SG book trailer yet? I wanna talk about how that differed from how people imagined the books. (I, for one, never thought about Harry rolling his R's in his pseudo-Latin spells.)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline sythmaster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
I'm looking for a (maybe not so) recent topic pertaining to Listens-to-Wind's offer of `anger management help' and any possible theory threads which that could involve. 

A combination of things in SG and what I've heard about PT (book 16) have got me intrigued.

Thanks.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »
I'm looking for a (maybe not so) recent topic pertaining to Listens-to-Wind's offer of `anger management help' and any possible theory threads which that could involve. 

A combination of things in SG and what I've heard about PT (book 16) have got me intrigued.

Thanks.
I don't think that particular line of discussion has come up yet.  At least, not in the past several months.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline harry dresden

• Conversationalist
  • riding on the wave of persiflage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »
Before I post about it I'm just wondering if a thread exists about the many mentions in the series of Harry being a good man, his naming ability, and if Goodman Grey's name is deliberate and related or relevant to these two things?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:20:10 AM by harry dresden »
Wisdom is a dish best served old.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »
Before I post about it I'm just wondering if a thread exists about the many mentions in the series of Harry being a good man, his naming ability, and if Goodman Grey's name is deliberate and related or relevant to these two things?
There is a list compiling all the various instances of Harry Naming Things yes, but nothing relating to Goodman Grey.  Interesting thought though  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline cannonator

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
I thought that in order to have one of the fairy mantles passed to you, you had to be fae (changling, summer or winter).  Is Molly fae?  Maybe Charity Carpenter was a changeling?  Is there a thread discussing this?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
I have a thought regarding the Dream Sequence in the Blue Beetle in Skin Game.  Anyone know of a thread discussing it yet?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Loup_Garou

• Conversationalist
  • Intimidatus Dorkus Maximus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
I have a thought regarding the Dream Sequence in the Blue Beetle in Skin Game.  Anyone know of a thread discussing it yet?
Not that I can recall, and a search turns up threads w/people talking about the SoI, id-Harry, or Harry/Murphy dreams, but not one thread specifically based on the Molly/Blue Beetle dream sequence.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »
Cool thanks.  Ill get the theory translated into words later this evening.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Phil Boswell

• Conversationalist
  • I for one welcome my new Feline Overlords…
    • View Profile
    • User:Phil Boswell @ Wikipedia
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
I was wondering, has anybody speculated as to whether other Norse gods, such as Thor or Loki, might be lurking in the background behind Odin? Also, now we've met Hades, what about other Greek/Roman gods like Apollo or Artemis? Is there existing discussion about this, and if not which would be the most suitable board to host a thread?
Phil

Offline Loup_Garou

• Conversationalist
  • Intimidatus Dorkus Maximus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 05:55:18 AM »
I was wondering, has anybody speculated as to whether other Norse gods, such as Thor or Loki, might be lurking in the background behind Odin? Also, now we've met Hades, what about other Greek/Roman gods like Apollo or Artemis? Is there existing discussion about this, and if not which would be the most suitable board to host a thread?
Well, the appropriate forum would be the 'spoilers forum' as Hades entered the picture in SG, after all.

There's one thread discussing about whether Odin is Thor here.
No one specific thread about Loki, although the potential of Goodman Grey as Loki or Odin has been discussed here.

No thread particularly based on Artemis or Apollo...but several on Hades & Mother Winter & no threads seem to cover the topics you specifically asked about, that I can see.   :)

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
I wanna know if anyone knows or has hypothesized about Jim's two-sentence summaries of every book. I think the hivemind could make awesome and/or hilarious summaries of the books we know, but if there is a record of the official versions, that'd be pretty cool to see, too. Does a thread or record of this already exist?
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC