Author Topic: Dialogues with Portents and Parents  (Read 19377 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Dialogues with Portents and Parents
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
Update:

I added the BR quote from Corinthian's mentioned by earlier responses, as well as some passages from Eb. about his parents.

Added some quotes from Cold Days.  One pertaining to his mother, and 2 about his dalliances with death bringing some attention to Harry that he might not like.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline vietnamabc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
(click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
Is it possible the Conrinthians talks about the three swords? So maybe at the end of BAT, only the three swords will be what remains against entropy?

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
There are some in Skin Games as well, but I can't  quote them. Like Michael  and Harry conversation  near the end.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
Is it possible the Conrinthians talks about the three swords? So maybe at the end of BAT, only the three swords will be what remains against entropy?

Or against Empty Night? Interesting, but tough to support considering that I thought Harry'd be involved, and don't see him wielding a Sword...
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
Im pretty well convinced it is indeed talking about the Swords/Knights, and that the "Stars falling from the sky" bit is a reference to Empty Night, which based on what the Mothers said in CD (and the fact that it's the title of the Final Dresden novel) it refers to the Outsider's getting In.  We brought this up here a few posts back, which had links to the original thread discussing the idea. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 05:01:51 PM »
I remember some other quotes, but do not have the books in front of me.

1) I thought Rasheed made some comment "it is not yet time for you to stand against the council...." that I thought was interesting.

2) Lash's comments in white knight, just before she sacrafices herself.  Ofthen thought a reference to starborn or harry's powers vs outsiders.

3) I thought some of the words of Mother Winter and Summer were interesting in CD or summer knight. 

4)  and some of the comments of demonreach were cryptic and might be interesting. 

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
How about Harry's dream-conversation with Malcolm by the campfire in Dead Beat?  Malcolm lists a whole bunch of events that await his son, and death is right in the middle of them, in keeping with Changes's position about halfway through the series.