Author Topic: Cold Days Spoilers- Who isn't your Nemesis?  (Read 23929 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Spoilers- Who isn't your Nemesis?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
When did the White King stop Aurora? Also, he works with the Outsiders directly and has them blocking him from magic

That's conjecture.

Very good conjecture, but conjecture.  We don't know that's what's protecting him.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
Remember how Harry told Cat Sith that he could fight the control of the infection? I think thats some kind of hint about Harry's infection. He's been fighting off the control of his infection, mostly successfully, for 30 some years. Harry's mostly in the driver's seat and he is fighting the outsiders, externally and internally.                I cant put the link here, but if you're interested read my recent thread: Crazy HWWB Theory Revisited
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:26:50 PM by Cenphx »

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »
That's conjecture.

Very good conjecture, but conjecture.  We don't know that's what's protecting him.

Well, he is working directly with HWWB. And when Vitto was working with HWWB he had the exact same magic shrugging off power.

Of course it is always possible that it is something we don't know. But if were gonna say that then you might as well say Mister isn't TWG  ;D
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
Nobody responded to my thoughts on Nic being clean

If you added him to your list, I'd put:

Nicodemus (at least at the point of SmF)
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
Nobody responded to my thoughts on Nic being clean

If you added him to your list, I'd put:

Nicodemus (at least at the point of SmF)

Sorry about that, too many posts to reply to at once.

I agree that Nic was free of Nemesis then.
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
Justine's reaction to Maeves comment was questionable, but Maeves comment is enough to convince me that Justine isn't infected.  Almost surprised Maeve knew who Justine was.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »
Well, I think Nic is not infected, my reason isnt that great-mainly because how perverse it would for Harry to have to team up with him against the greater threat, nemesis.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Mab/Lea can pretty well vouch for Molly.  Otherwise Mab would be in the same boat as the start of CD.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Well, I think Nic is not infected, my reason isnt that great-mainly because how perverse it would for Harry to have to team up with him against the greater threat, nemesis.

Haha, given that Jim has said that he makes his living off of making Harry miserable, we can assume that all of the nicest good people in the series will be infected, while the worst of the evil will not be

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
Yeah, but I think we have to assume that at least one of the Denarians is infected. And if we have to assume that, then we must consider the fact that Ivy might be infected as well.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »
Yeah, but I think we have to assume that at least one of the Denarians is infected. And if we have to assume that, then we must consider the fact that Ivy might be infected as well.

I am fairly certain that Thorned Namshiel was infected.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Ivy was infected.

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Aluman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
Harry noticed it in Sith because he was directly breaking his word and his bonds, and the Sidhe just don't do that.
Yea his keen investigative abilities.
Justine and Lara still have some form of proof they are infected, even if it isn't the most trust worthy source.
I assume you mean aren't infected, I agree, but its not 100% assured, and with Nemesis its almost safer to presume infection then not especially where bad girl(s) are.
When did the White King stop Aurora? Also, he works with the Outsiders directly and has them blocking him from magic
that was me free thinking and combining sentences.  I meant I wasn't sold, because Harry had already been a thorn in his side and would have been removed at the mansion fucking the rules of guests.

In fact, I think I can state that the White King isn't infected, because he still put propriety on the standards of his court and behaved in a normal manner.  He utilized the outsiders as tools and weapons, but was still a weakling in the end of it because Harry's Mom's Curse.  If he was infected the curse too Might have been shrugged off.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »
My reasoning for Nic being clean is because now that we have a clearer picture of what is actually going on in the background rather than the narrow "Black Council" conspiracy, these new lenses in our glasses allow us to clearly interpret Nic's side of the conversation in the Shedd as his awareness of Nemesis and his intent to fight it.

Jim has said at some of the pre-release interviews and Q&A's that pretty much all the major powers are aware that the game is changing.  Nic's stance on this is in our face obvious, but maybe there are some other clues that we can look back on in past books and point to them as evidence for other beings that belong on this list at least in the past tense like Nic.

edit:  Egad you people are posting fast
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Aluman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 07:38:16 PM »
Ivy falls into the same category as Mab, Rashid and Demonreach.  If she is infected the game is over and we have lost; therefor she hasn't been infected.

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
But couldnt the same argument be made against Ivy being infected as against Mab, Rashid, Uriel, or DemonReach?  That they are so powerful it would be game over if Nemesis took them over?