Author Topic: Cold Days Spoilers- Who isn't your Nemesis?  (Read 24060 times)

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Cold Days Spoilers- Who isn't your Nemesis?
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
First thing is first. I have made a very important discovery about Nemesis. It is... the Vord.

After my last topic slowly devolved into the Salem Witch trials, I decided it would be better to instead make a list of those that we are certain are not infected with Nemesis.

• Mouse.
  • Mister.
  • Harry (possible immunity due to Starborn)
  • Elaine (possible immunity due to Starborn)
  • Mab
  • Lea
  • Molly
  • Demonreach
  • Sarissa
  • Lara (and her inner circle as per Maeve's attempt to use Justine as a vector to Lara)
    • Justine
    • Thomas
    • Lara's suriving sisters
  • Rashid
  • Nicodemus (at least at the point of SmF)

feel free to contribute  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:32:59 PM by sjsharks »
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline FFguy

• Conversationalist
  • There is no logic in my rants.
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Spoilers- Who isn't your Nemesis?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
Well if Nemesis is something from the Outsiders then there is a fair chance that Harry and possibly Elaine are both immune or at the very least uncontrolled by the infection as they are Outsider Banes.
The Scary Truth about Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris may be able to round house kick you to death but only after he gets permission from Mister.  Just think about that.  Chuck Norris the most powerful being ever known needs to get the okay from a cat.  Beware the cat.  Fear the cat.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »
Well if Nemesis is something from the Outsiders then there is a fair chance that Harry and possibly Elaine are both immune or at the very least uncontrolled by the infection as they are Outsider Banes.

Added
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Zolt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
Elaine (possible immunity due to Starborn)
Elaine should definitely not be on that list. Much as I like her she's one of the least trustworthy of Harry's friends.

We have no idea whether being Starborn grants immunity against the outsiders influence. I would think not, since they keep trying to recruit Harry, and he's not immune to their mind magic. We know Justin did get to Elaine and he's a known outsider ally. She was also close to Aurora, who was very likely "infected".
I am not insane. But the voices in my head probably are.

Offline Aluman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
The Gatekeeper
Mab
Demonreach

Those three we can say with a fair degree of certainty are not. 

If Rashid was infected, the war would be over as he could allow all the infected through the gates.
If Mab was infected, the war would be over as she would pull her troops from the walls.
If Demonreach was infected, the war would be over as they could bring down prison wall.

All others should be suspected, which is what Rashid and Mab are/have done.

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »
Lara
Thomas
Justine
Lea
Mac
Molly
The Carpenter Family
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:37:20 PM by MacShidhe »
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline CenturionsofRome

• Conversationalist
  • Time Flees. So run like hell, and dont look back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:40 PM »
Why are we so certain that Elaine is an outsider bane? is there a WOJ? ???
What do you get when you combine the knowledge hoarding nature of a wizard, neurodiversity, an overly creative mind, and a growing passion for writing? Me! Go here to find out about a series I plan on writing.

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
The Gatekeeper
Mab
Demonreach

Those three we can say with a fair degree of certainty are not. 

If Rashid was infected, the war would be over as he could allow all the infected through the gates.
If Mab was infected, the war would be over as she would pull her troops from the walls.
If Demonreach was infected, the war would be over as they could bring down prison wall.

All others should be suspected, which is what Rashid and Mab are/have done.

I am willing to add Mab and DR to the list, but not Rashid. I mean, come on. Nemesis is getting through.

Lara
Thomas
Justine
Lea
Mac
Molly
The Carpenter Family

Lara, Justine, Lea, and Molly. other then that we can't be sure.

Why are we so certain that Elaine is an outsider bane? is there a WOJ? ???

yes, WoJ says that it is the reason Justin picked both Harry and Elaine

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline MacShidhe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
The Carpenter Family
Lara, Justine, Lea, and Molly. other then that we can't be sure.
They have WG supernatural insurance.  I think Uriel would have noticed.
Full Assed FTW!

DV MacShidhe v1.2 YR2 FR 0.75 BK++  RP++++ JB++ TH+ WG ?CL+ SW BC+ MC SH [Murphy++, Molly--, Elaine -]

NERO Plot Merc - "Have Mod, Will Travel"

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
I doubt Harry is immune.  I think HHWB4 wanted Harry for infection at the bar.  Also we aren't clear on the details of the parasite yet, but the stirring at the outer gates sure looks suspicious.

We have to be careful who we declare as clear since Jim has said that we will get some supprises on who is actually enemy.

I agree about Mab and Demonreach being clear.  I think the last topic had some good points on Lara being clear because of Maeve wanting Justine as a vector to her.

I am absolutely convinced that Nic was clear as of SmF, and I'm pretty certain he is still clear just because I am betting Harry will end up having to be frenemies with him in book 15 per Mab's orders for the sake of fighting Nemesis.  (anyone want to take me up on that bet?  The bet wouldn't include the Mab's orders part)

Players I'm comfortable saying I don't think are infected, but I can't give great evidence for:
Eldest Gruff
Odin
Mother Summer
Rashid

I'm uncomfortable saying Mother Winter but it seems that way.

Edit cause the replies are coming in fast:
I am willing to add Mab and DR to the list, but not Rashid. I mean, come on. Nemesis is getting through.

Good point
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Lara, Justine, Lea, and Molly. other then that we can't be sure.They have WG supernatural insurance.  I think Uriel would have noticed.

The Outsiders are not their fight though. The Swords couldn't even be raised in the fight coming against Nemesis. It is not of our existence, so I don't think that it is outside the realm of possibility to infect one of them.

Also, the angels can only keep them safe as long as they stay out of the action. Once they start making choices then their guard can't do much. Daniel, for one, strikes me as a very active boy that has done some strange things.

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Clenzor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »
I think so.  Someone with better knowledge of the WOJ (Serack/CuriousFan) would know better but iirc to be starborn you had to be a wizard/witch and be born at a certain time of year and in a specific year.  Harry and Elaine both fit into these qualifications. 

As for it granting immunity, I believe it does otherwise Harry would've been infected when he was 16 and if Justin was infected he wouldn't have needed to enthrall them, just infect them.  Also the Outsiders that Harry has met have attempted to recruit him, not kidnap and infect him.  That being said I do believe that Elaine may be working for the other side.  If they attempted to recruit Harry logically they would try to recruit her as well.  Also the amount of trust that both the Gatekeeper and Mab place in Harry allows them to be fairly positive in his allegiance and from before they really knew him as well. 

Others who are definitely not infected: Mother Summer and Winter, same reasoning as Mab and Gatekeeper, if they were infected they would have enough power to destroy the gate.  Also Titania, for similar reasons as if she were infected she would have full blown attacked Winter and at the very least weakened Mab giving the Outsiders their opportunity to break through the gates. 

Angels, Archangels and God aren't because of the above reasons.  Sanya for being a KotC.  Drakkul, Ferro, and Odin.  Really anyone with a payscale big enough to go head to head with Mab and be an actual threat to her. 

Edit: Forgot the scene with Maeve talking about taking Justine to get to Lara.  Although it could just be a front trying to get Harry, Mab and crew to trust Lara.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:50:16 PM by Clenzor »
"Also if Harry somehow becomes the Erlking I will have a stroke from shock...and then leave everything in my will to Clenzor for calling that. Haha"-doh573

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »
I agree about Mab and Demonreach being clear.  I think the last topic had some good points on Lara being clear because of Maeve wanting Justine as a vector to her.
Thomas by the same reasoning as Justine.  He could get to Lara just as easily.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
Elaine should definitely not be on that list. Much as I like her she's one of the least trustworthy of Harry's friends.

We have no idea whether being Starborn grants immunity against the outsiders influence. I would think not, since they keep trying to recruit Harry, and he's not immune to their mind magic. We know Justin did get to Elaine and he's a known outsider ally. She was also close to Aurora, who was very likely "infected".

Also, Lash said that being Starborn gave you the potential to wield great power over Outsiders.  Not the same thing as having the power at beck & call.

Offline Clenzor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
The Outsiders are not their fight though. The Swords couldn't even be raised in the fight coming against Nemesis. It is not of our existence, so I don't think that it is outside the realm of possibility to infect one of them.

Also, the angels can only keep them safe as long as they stay out of the action. Once they start making choices then their guard can't do much. Daniel, for one, strikes me as a very active boy that has done some strange things.

The thing with this is that if they were infected they would be able to end the war in a second.  If any of the Archangels or God were infected they would just go smash the Outer Gates.  As for lesser Angels, God and the Archangels would be able to sense it in them and heal them of it instantly.
"Also if Harry somehow becomes the Erlking I will have a stroke from shock...and then leave everything in my will to Clenzor for calling that. Haha"-doh573