Author Topic: The Red Court Lives....sort of (Spoilers Changes, GS, and CD)  (Read 19245 times)

wizard nelson

Re: The Red Court Lives....sort of (Spoilers Changes, GS, and CD)
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2012, 01:36:33 AM »
if anyone doesn't get the concept of a death cur.. ummm killing curse? it killed reds it killed the red demon in halfings. but and i know its a theoretical BUT, maggie according to what i've been TRYing to explain doesn't have any such thing to target, it has nothing to actually kill, its a killing curse... not a purifying curse, its just not made to cleans every little thing from her. it kills stuff. and considering what she is it would be different enough from the reds blood. it cool your entitled to your opinion. but just say 'no i dont believe it' :-\ i'm really worried about keeping my idea logical without explaining holes i already covered.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:19:41 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline TDF_fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2012, 02:11:52 AM »
Nelson, I'm going to have to agree with Tami here on this, the ritual curse that wiped out the Red Court was keyed on the youngest member of a bloodline, which would carry it into the preceding generations to complete it's effect which is why they were targeting Maggie Jr to kill Harry and Ebenezar. But with Ramps it's not so much of a genealogical bloodline as it is a metaphysical one based on how they turn victims into the half breeds like Susan and Martin...the curse worked to wipe out the Reds because at that moment Susan was the youngest in the Red Kings bloodline, and through him it would annihilate the rest. Maggie Jr if anything has a better chance at being a wizard due to her parentage than to have any aspects of the Ramps predator spirit inside her.

wizard nelson

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
 ??? i know. thats why i said no hunger demon for maggie. technicality, the demon would be older than susan, maggie is not. no demon = maggie younger. no demon to kill.

Offline TDF_fan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2012, 02:35:37 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, your post was edited while I was typing mine up and didn't see the changes you made until after.

wizard nelson

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2012, 02:49:34 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, your post was edited while I was typing mine up and didn't see the changes you made until after.
is cool.  8)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2012, 04:04:35 AM »
I skimmed over much of this thread - but there's an unquoted source that talks about the Red Court Infected.

The Dresden Files RPG is working on an expansion.  Jim has signed off on all the subjects and major topics.  One of the major topics (an entire chapter) concerns the "Red Lands" - places where the Red Court once ruled.

You can find an introduction to the chapter at the link below.
http://www.evilhat.com/home/redlands/

Richard