Author Topic: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 31-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 13610 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 31-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:39 AM »
The Ghost Story Book Club seemed to go over well, so here's Cold Days' equivalent!

Welcome to the Cold Days Book Club!  This is intended to allow us to theorize and discuss as we read through Cold Days.   Discuss whats happened and how amazing it is.  Discuss what you think is happening in the current set of chapters.  Or even theorize about what may be about to happen.   

The rules are simple...
You can discuss anything you want about Cold Days, so long as it does not exceed the chapter limit set for this particular thread. 

Chapter Limit -- Do NOT discuss anything after chapter: 45

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 31-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »
tag
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline ReturnToOne

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »
Harry High-jacked the Hunt. X P

Offline Aegnoralkarin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »
Harry High-jacked the Hunt. X P
I feel remarkably stupid for not remembering that the Wild Hunt would be a factor. But not Harry master of improv, huh?

Offline WomanWhoWeaves

• Participant
  • Poka will never die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
About here I got this feeling that this is all coming together.  This is Butchers BEST BEST work.  LOVE IT.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
Agreed. Not even a contest.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline ITheHellAmFan

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
I concur.  While most all of the recent books, especially Turn Coat and Changes, have been excellent, I still feel that none of them quite equaled the peak of White Night.  Until somewhere in this set of chapters, when I realized Jim had, in fact, finally outdone even that masterpiece.  And by a not insignificant margin to boot.  I would love to discuss the details of what is going on, but that will have to wait, cause right now I have to read the rest of this book, forum discussion, food, sleep, and homework be damned!

Seriously, laying the personal smack down on Santa in order to hijack the freaking Wild Hunt to take on an army of outsider's laying seige to Demonreach.  The sheer ballsy badassery inherent in that senario is positively palpable.
"I will not treat your dusty path and flat,
Denoting this and that by this and that,
Your world immutable wherein no part
the little maker has with maker's art."
-Mythopoeia, J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »
Kris mudgfufisudu Kringle!! Harry just took on two, TWO faerie Kings and came out breathing AND on top. Badassery
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline Cyberchihuahua

• Conversationalist
  • Lft. WMC_Cyberchihuahua
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
Considering the conversation with the Mothers, I wonder if Harry's mantle as Starborn would have gone to Winter as well, if he had made it into the stew pot.

Also, during Harry's conversation with Mother Summer, she mentions that it is possible to stay ones self despite powers that mold you, and that she both is and is not referring to Harry. Could she be referring also to Maeve (maaaaybe) or Molly (definitely)? Harry always seems to have an easier time doing the right thing for himself after he has helped someone else do the right thing in situation parallel to his own.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:43:15 PM by Cyberchihuahua »
Moo!

DV Cyberchihuahua V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP++ JB- TH+ WG++ CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH [Murphy++]   currently...

No Changes, know peace! Know Changes, no peace!

wizard nelson

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
I feel remarkably stupid for not remembering that the Wild Hunt would be a factor. But not Harry master of improv, huh?
i thought the wild hunt had to be SUMMONED or some such? wasn't that the point of peabodies book? an doesn't have to be halloween? :( sorry my collection is incomplete or i'd research it myself.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »
i thought the wild hunt had to be SUMMONED or some such? wasn't that the point of peabodies book? an doesn't have to be halloween? :( sorry my collection is incomplete or i'd research it myself.
No, the Wyld Hunt is just something that happens. It doesn't have to be summoned.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:14 AM »
Considering the conversation with the Mothers, I wonder if Harry's mantle as Starborn would have gone to Winter as well, if he had made it into the stew pot.

Also, during Harry's conversation with Mother Summer, she mentions that it is possible to stay ones self despite powers that mold you, and that she both is and is not referring to Harry. Could she be referring also to Maeve (maaaaybe) or Molly (definitely)? Harry always seems to have an easier time doing the right thing for himself after he has helped someone else do the right thing in situation parallel to his own.
And Fix of course.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline JustKidding

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 03:28:43 AM »
Was no one else wildly, fantastically happy to finally see the outer gates? See the Gatekeeper doing his thing? Magic Carpets? Awesome age old battle for the universe? thousands of dying fae and unlimited numbers of baddies? I started laughing maniacally and didn't stop for about ten minutes. Probably one of the cooler parts of the book.
Just because my username is JustKidding does not mean I am just kidding-unless I am just kidding.

Terry Pratchett is my spirit animal.

Offline Dracorex

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
The Outer Gates? Less fantastically happy and more 'whoa, whoa, whoa, holy cr*p'. Ages-old battle is freaky ages-old battle. But Rashid's flying carpet was unexpected and funny, yeah.

I usually only sort-of browse this forum, but I had to put this out there: Mother Summer said that Mother Winter hasn't left their cottage much anymore since she lost her walking stick. Might her walking stick be the Blackstaff?

Offline Cyberchihuahua

• Conversationalist
  • Lft. WMC_Cyberchihuahua
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
That is the prevailing theory, gone into greater detail in atleast a half dozen other threads.
Moo!

DV Cyberchihuahua V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP++ JB- TH+ WG++ CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH [Murphy++]   currently...

No Changes, know peace! Know Changes, no peace!