Author Topic: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 16-30 **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 16-30 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »
The Ghost Story Book Club seemed to go over well, so here's Cold Days' equivalent!

Welcome to the Cold Days Book Club!  This is intended to allow us to theorize and discuss as we read through Cold Days.   Discuss whats happened and how amazing it is.  Discuss what you think is happening in the current set of chapters.  Or even theorize about what may be about to happen.   

The rules are simple...
You can discuss anything you want about Cold Days, so long as it does not exceed the chapter limit set for this particular thread. 

Chapter Limit -- Do NOT discuss anything after chapter: 30

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 16-30 **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:20:04 AM »
tag
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline ItsallSuesfault

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook/SoapBox
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
The firefly reference! From Bob! *dies

I love what demonreach is.
DV Geek Code 1.2 BK++ YR 7  JB+ TH++ CL+++ BC++ MC+ SH(Molly)+++ SH(Murphy)+ SH-(Mab) Elaine=Future Knight of Summer/Former Necromancer.

Offline Aegnoralkarin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
Oddly enough for a power up, what I've noticed the most is that Harry withoust his trusty prep time focuses and protections, even with the Winter mantle, isn't quite as dangerous. Certainly all kinds of vulnerable.

Offline ItsallSuesfault

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook/SoapBox
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »
Yes, he's vulnerable but he's nowhere near as vulnerable as SF Harry or SK Harry. He's vulnerable but he's fully capable of kicking a rogue fae's ass.
DV Geek Code 1.2 BK++ YR 7  JB+ TH++ CL+++ BC++ MC+ SH(Molly)+++ SH(Murphy)+ SH-(Mab) Elaine=Future Knight of Summer/Former Necromancer.

Offline nickseng

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:09:50 AM »
The firefly reference! From Bob! *dies

I love what demonreach is.

Also following the Joss Whedon reference thing, doesn't Demonreach remind you a bit of the Deeper Wells?

Offline ItsallSuesfault

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook/SoapBox
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:56:16 AM »
Yes. Very much so.

Offline WomanWhoWeaves

• Participant
  • Poka will never die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
Came here for the Deeper wells stuff. 
"There's a hole in the world.  Feels like we ought to have known."
A strange confluence of Spike/Harry/James Marsters being both.

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 03:55:17 AM »
Tbh, I found Demonreach a bit much. I can see it being a prison, maybe with a god, a naagloshii or two, and a bunch of lower level beings, but six naagloshii, as the least of the prisoners? I think there's something seriously wrong with the scale, unless Jim's retroactively hitting Shagnasty with the badass decay hammer.

Offline AxGrinder

• Conversationalist
  • I like to be in the middle of things. With my ax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »
I really liked Demonreach as a personality.  I think of him much the same as an Asimov robot--programmed with a specific purpose, interactive abilities with humans, no sense of perspective unless told, obedient to the Warden.  Only he may not have the same rules as an Asimov robot about not harming folks.

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:02 AM »
Tbh, I found Demonreach a bit much. I can see it being a prison, maybe with a god, a naagloshii or two, and a bunch of lower level beings, but six naagloshii, as the least of the prisoners? I think there's something seriously wrong with the scale, unless Jim's retroactively hitting Shagnasty with the badass decay hammer.

I thought it was more about Jim showing us just how high the scale really goes. I mean, Harry almost took the thing before the WK powerup. Now that he is getting stronger, the baddies can show their true teeth.
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
The intent isn't, "Oh, the Naagloshii really wasn't that bad." The intent is, "The Naagloshii is the closest thing to pure, undiluted evil you've seen, and everything in the lower levels is worse than six of them."
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
The intent isn't, "Oh, the Naagloshii really wasn't that bad." The intent is, "The Naagloshii is the closest thing to pure, undiluted evil you've seen, and everything in the lower levels is worse than six of them."

Exactly.

Offline Cyberchihuahua

• Conversationalist
  • Lft. WMC_Cyberchihuahua
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »
Chapter 22

Harry decks Sharkface with a Winter/Soulfire infused punch.

8 shades of "Stare into the fist of Dredd!"
Moo!

DV Cyberchihuahua V1.2 YR5 FR4 BK++ RP++ JB- TH+ WG++ CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH [Murphy++]   currently...

No Changes, know peace! Know Changes, no peace!

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »

I don't know, the naagloshii was losing the fight to a single WC wizard. Compare that to the Merlin - who can build a prison simultaneously at five different times, Mab - who could take on the entire WC by herself outside of Winter, and Mother Winter - who is more powerful than Mab. I'd say there is a lot of breathing room for worse than a naagloshii.