Author Topic: Harry is Kemmler reborn  (Read 17260 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Harry is Kemmler reborn
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:36:29 AM »
I noted a similarity between Harry and Kemmler back when Harry ends up eating the nightmare.  He thereby gained back his power, plus more.  I didn't think though that Harry is Kemmler reborn at the time.  And, still don't.  But I am interested in wondering what Harry was meant to be, at least from the perspective of all those White Council bigwigs who feared Harry and/or what he was meant to become.
Apparently if the senior council pooled their knowledge, they would have all the information about Harry's past.  Seems like that would kind of undercut this theory before it gets much momentum.  If the SC knew that Harry was Kemmler reborn, I think they'd have a more violent reaction.

Q:  Given that so many creatures of the NeverNever know stuff about Harry – his mother, that Thomas is his brother, etc. – how can it be that the Senior Council doesn’t know?
A:  They know.  No one person on the SC knows everything about Harry, but between them all they could put it together.  That is a group where having information is a means of power; they each have a lot of information but they don’t necessarily know who knows what.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »
meh, I thought that we already had this thread a few times.  I really don't think that this is the case and we already have multiple WoJ saying that both Kemmler and Justin are D-E-D DEAD!  I don't particularly trust Jim in certain plot points but I think that I will on this one.

domino7: 2) How do you feel when people keep talking about Justin/Kemmler/Others as being not REALLY dead even after you've said that they're dead? Flattered that they think you're twisty and devious? Annoyed that they don't take a hint?
Jim: 2) Oh, man, /I/ wouldn't trust me, if I was reading me. I tell giant, complicated, long-term LIES for a living, man. People pay me to manipulate their emotions--to make them laugh and cry, to cheer for the good guys and to hate the bad guys. What kind of person /does/ that for a living? I'll tell you what kind: the shifty, devious, untrustworthy kind. Don't believe a word I say. And they're Dead.
But there are levels of Dead, obviously. So was Harry.
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »
Jim also just recently pointed out, in reference to that same point, that Harry was D-E-D Dead as well.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline CenturionsofRome

• Conversationalist
  • Time Flees. So run like hell, and dont look back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 01:50:45 AM »
Could someone explain D-E-D dead please? it is useed quite alot and the term isnt in the dictionary.
What do you get when you combine the knowledge hoarding nature of a wizard, neurodiversity, an overly creative mind, and a growing passion for writing? Me! Go here to find out about a series I plan on writing.

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 01:51:25 AM »
Jim also just recently pointed out, in reference to that same point, that Harry was D-E-D Dead as well.

TheCuriousFan previously asked me to provide a link/quote to Jim saying that after I touted that WoJ. I couldn't find it though. Could you provide a link/quote?
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
TheCuriousFan previously asked me to provide a link/quote to Jim saying that after I touted that WoJ. I couldn't find it though. Could you provide a link/quote?

domino7: 2) How do you feel when people keep talking about Justin/Kemmler/Others as being not REALLY dead even after you've said that they're dead? Flattered that they think you're twisty and devious? Annoyed that they don't take a hint?
Jim: 2) Oh, man, /I/ wouldn't trust me, if I was reading me. I tell giant, complicated, long-term LIES for a living, man. People pay me to manipulate their emotions--to make them laugh and cry, to cheer for the good guys and to hate the bad guys. What kind of person /does/ that for a living? I'll tell you what kind: the shifty, devious, untrustworthy kind. Don't believe a word I say. And they're Dead.
But there are levels of Dead, obviously. So was Harry.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline CenturionsofRome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:55 AM »
Wrong quote Dragoneyes, sorry. The one requested is several years old.
What do you get when you combine the knowledge hoarding nature of a wizard, neurodiversity, an overly creative mind, and a growing passion for writing? Me! Go here to find out about a series I plan on writing.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:46 AM »
Wrong quote Dragoneyes, sorry. The one requested is several years old.

That's cool. This is the one I was referring to.

Offline madness

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »
I don't really see it as Harry being a necromancer so much (though he clearly has ability with it) as it seems that Harry isn't really as limited by the 'barriers' between worlds/realities/magics as most wizards appear to be.

Offline King Ash

• Posty McPostington
  • Its good to be king!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 02:05:13 AM »
The difference is "They are dead".
Harry was dead.
One is the present the other is the past.
There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not Today!!!! Syrio Forel, First Sword of Braavos.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
This has always surprised me as an incredibly dark act, and no one really comments on it.

I'm not seeing it.  Kravos' ghost is a bunch of memories, no soul involved, and Kravos is a sorcerer, not a wizard, so all Harry gets from it is a handful of pre-charged spells which we never see him use again after the end of GP, so it seems logical that they are all used up; no long-term effect at all sfaict.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 02:25:03 AM »
meh, I thought that we already had this thread a few times.  I really don't think that this is the case and we already have multiple WoJ saying that both Kemmler and Justin are D-E-D DEAD!  I don't particularly trust Jim in certain plot points but I think that I will on this one.

I trusted that quite a bit more pre-having a whole book of Harry being dead than I do now.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline CenturionsofRome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
I repeat, could someone please explain what DED dead is?

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30:43 AM »
Not anywhere near the same as d-e-a-d Dead, apparently.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 02:33:05 AM »
I repeat, could someone please explain what DED dead is?
D-E-D dead is Jim emphasizing dead and being cute at the same time.

Okay, I just wanna say I finished reading Proven Guilty  just a while ago and I have a real quick question before the serious interview:  "Justin's behind everything, isn't he?"
Justin's dead...look, look...he's dead, he's dead.
Dead, dead?
Jim:  He's dead!
Very dead?
Jim:  D-E-D dead.
Are you ever gonna change your answer, dead?
Jim:  Dead.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill