Author Topic: [CD Sample Chapters - Spoilers] Suggestion Box for the Upcoming Q&As  (Read 24309 times)

wizard nelson

Re: [CD Sample Chapters - Spoilers] Suggestion Box for the Upcoming Q&As
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
Sounds less like using the soul up and more like using everything the body needs to keep running.
same difference is my point, the fire(life) leaves the body and simply leaves a diminished soul behind. actually for all we know a death curse causes the wizard to cease to exist. :o it would be kinda hard for anyone to figure it out anyway, except a necromancer?

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
i feel this in someway invoked his starborn status. notice he uses it to perfectly command an outsider?
Which is exactly why I ask the question. I just lawyered around it a bit to not force Jim to spoil the beans, but still answer a little  ;)
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)

wizard nelson

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
Which is exactly why I ask the question. I just lawyered around it a bit to not force Jim to spoil the beans, but still answer a little  ;)
my goal is to spoil as many of jim's beans as possible to force him into developing his ability to create cryptic clues and ongoing mysteries. nothing like a little motivation to develop talent ;)

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
my goal is to spoil as many of jim's beans as possible to force him into developing his ability to create cryptic clues and ongoing mysteries. nothing like a little motivation to develop talent ;)
Granted, but I like what he is doing now. I only want to satisfy my curiosity a bit (however impossible that is), not force ijm to change completely. Besides, if the clues are too obscure it will seem like retconning, and I'd like slightly more forewarning then just 1 word wich may or indeed may not indicate whatever...  ;)

a little motivation s cool, but don't overdo it  :D
yes, I am male and I engage in the activity known as shipping. I just wish harry some relief from time to time. He's getting tortured enough as it is...

I think, therefore I am. I am therefore people must believe I exist. Ergo: I think people believe in me ;)

wizard nelson

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
Granted, but I like what he is doing now. I only want to satisfy my curiosity a bit (however impossible that is), not force ijm to change completely. Besides, if the clues are too obscure it will seem like retconning, and I'd like slightly more forewarning then just 1 word wich may or indeed may not indicate whatever...  ;)

a little motivation s cool, but don't overdo it  :D
i'm not forcing him to change. just to grow as a great author and mystery writer. if we all prove his books too easy to decipher and predict he'll know to step it up a notch.
not to say we've been doing a terribly good job deciphering clues so far...

Offline Socratov

• Conversationalist
  • Mantle of Nanny Ogg
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:39 AM »
i'm not forcing him to change. just to grow as a great author and mystery writer. if we all prove his books too easy to decipher and predict he'll know to step it up a notch.
not to say we've been doing a terribly good job deciphering clues so far...
but then again, the collective mind of the DF community makes those things easier then a person on his or her own. and I think a balance must be maintained where a person on his/her own shuld stay able to do these things.

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
Or maybe the serial killer attacked Mouse because he likes killing beings without free will.

Yeah but that's still wrong because Mouse is an enabler for Free Will. If the Serial Killer kills him he is lowering the total amount of Free Will thus you should stop the serial killer from doing that.
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »
Here's a question I hope someone would ask; probably sometime in 2014, when the next book is released.

You have stated that you want Harry's love life to grow organically, not be mapped out as most major plot points have been.  Even though you can't (or won't) give us any details, can you as the writer now see how it is going to play out.  Can you now say to yourself, "Yes, I know who Harry is going to end up with?"

A direct answer to that question would tell me if Jim now has a solid plan or understanding of where Harry's love life needs to go, or if we are likely to see a lot more pointless start and stop, I want to but I can't commit because I'm not ready, because your not ready, because the moon is out of phase, whatever, nonsense. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:59:19 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline rekshek

• Posty McPostington
  • Apathy is the story of my life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2013, 01:41:44 AM »
Will we learn more of about what got Lovecraft killed/will the mythos of Lovecraft take a more predominate role in the series down the road?