Linked Events

• Signing in Seattle, WA: November 27, 2012

Author Topic: Signing in Seattle, WA on 11/27/12  (Read 9282 times)

Offline Kagehiru

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Seattle, WA on 11/27/12
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:16 PM »
*Thread bump* Anyone bought their tickets yet?

Yup, ordered them Monday.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »
I just bought mine today. I can't wait! :)
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Silverfox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »

Mine arrived today! I keep looking at the envelope while I'm sitting here and getting more and more excited. :D

I've never been to something like this before, and I have a question. I know it begins at seven, but will people be lining up or anything prior to that? If so, how much earlier might that be starting? I'm trying to plan things out time-wise as much as possible since it'll take me a while to get up there, heh.

Offline KrakenEater

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »
I'm going to buy mine as soon as I'm away from sketchy public wifi  ;).

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
Mine arrived today! I keep looking at the envelope while I'm sitting here and getting more and more excited. :D

I've never been to something like this before, and I have a question. I know it begins at seven, but will people be lining up or anything prior to that? If so, how much earlier might that be starting? I'm trying to plan things out time-wise as much as possible since it'll take me a while to get up there, heh.
Yay for tickets! To answer your question, it's a good idea to line up a while before the actual event. I've only been to two other signings (not for Jim though), and there was a full house about half an hour before the event. I showed up about an hour before, so I did get decent seats. With Jim, I expect it to be nuts, so I'd show up at least an hour before. Where are you coming from? I'm driving up from Vancouver, BC, so I'll probably get there well in advance.

I'm going to buy mine as soon as I'm away from sketchy public wifi  ;) .
Oh, haha, that's a good idea. :D

Offline Silverfox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
Yay for tickets! To answer your question, it's a good idea to line up a while before the actual event. I've only been to two other signings (not for Jim though), and there was a full house about half an hour before the event. I showed up about an hour before, so I did get decent seats. With Jim, I expect it to be nuts, so I'd show up at least an hour before. Where are you coming from? I'm driving up from Vancouver, BC, so I'll probably get there well in advance.

Thanks, I figured it might be something like that. c: I'm coming from the Olympia area.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
Wow, you are driving much farther than I am!

Also, how does everyone feel about wearing nametags with our forum names on them? That way we know who's who.

Offline firelight

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 02:34:52 AM »
When I clicked on the green tickets button, it took me to the bookstore page, not a place to buy tickets. Did anyone else have this problem?

I won't know if I can go until about 5 days before, but I would like to know how to buy tickets in case I need to.

Offline Kagehiru

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
Spot - I'm willing to do that

Firelight - Same problem here.  I ended up just going to www.brownpapertickets.com and looking up the event.  Worked like a charm, then.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »
Good idea, Kagehiru!  Here's that link: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/292757

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
I see Priscellie and Kagehiru got to it before I could! But yes, Brownpapertickets is the way to go. I emailed them to ask a question about the event and they responded immediately. Great service. :)

Offline Silverfox

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
Wow, you are driving much farther than I am!

Also, how does everyone feel about wearing nametags with our forum names on them? That way we know who's who.

It should take about an hour and a half, depending on traffic. A bit inconvenient, but doable. :) Fortunately, I don't have to do the driving; I've been introducing my mother to the Dresden Files, so I'm bringing her along and she's driving while I read to her on the way up. XD

Nice idea with the nametags, I'll see if I can remember to do that (though you're probably the only one who'd recognize my name, since I haven't posted anywhere but this topic yet, heh).

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »
It should take about an hour and a half, depending on traffic. A bit inconvenient, but doable. :) Fortunately, I don't have to do the driving; I've been introducing my mother to the Dresden Files, so I'm bringing her along and she's driving while I read to her on the way up. XD

Nice idea with the nametags, I'll see if I can remember to do that (though you're probably the only one who'd recognize my name, since I haven't posted anywhere but this topic yet, heh).
Lucky you. :) I get to drive myself and the husband (assuming he wants to come with me). As far as the nametag goes, I'll wear one with my forum name.

And you need to fix the "I haven't posted anywhere but this topic yet" problem...go stop by one of the threads in the Bar or in any of the other parts of the forum. I promise you that none of the other forumites bite. ;D

Offline restless.spirit

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 11:58:54 PM »
Just got my tickets for the event.  This will be my first book signing, so I am pretty stoked.  Will any of you Betas be there?  I would love to meet some of you even though I don't spend as much time here in the forums as I would like.  Balancing a day job with taking college classes is really messing with my goof off time.   ;D

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »
Good for you, restless.spirit!

I don't think any betas are coming, but Jim is definitely coming :D Sorry couldn't resist!

Will be great to meet you guys. :)