Author Topic: Item of Power: Utility Belt  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Item of Power: Utility Belt
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 11:50:59 PM »
The Feeding Dependency rewrite has at least three problems.

1. It's more complicated than I think it should be.
2. It requires a discussion between GM and player each time it's taken. "If I only need one drop of angel's blood, then what food-difficulty adjustment should I apply?"
3. I suspect it might be exploitable.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
I suggest just using Limitation if you're set on not using enchanted item mechanics.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Gatts

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »
Alright, I'm dropping Feeding Dependency entirely and just getting by with compels. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »
You could limit number of uses with a Resources based stress track.  Call it Wealth or something.

Then, as far as effects go you could use enchanted-like items based off of Resources or a modified modular abilities.

I'd modify modular abilities by allowing you to change them as a free action, but you must take Wealth stress equal to the number of refresh changed.  The new power only lasts for one exchange.  You may extend two exchanges for each additional point of stress you take.

Wealth stress would cause social consequences if filled.

RE: Enchanted items: While Athletics at 6 is good, a grappling hook could be an aspect or collection of aspects which can be tagged either for a bonus or to allow movement in a direction usually not available.  Or a movement roll allowing vertical movement.  Auto-pilot could drive for you and free you up to do other things, etc.