Author Topic: Hells Bells,Stars and Stones, and Empty Night info and theory compilation thread  (Read 11878 times)

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
Thanks count, btw, could you add where that WoJ came from?  I usually include either a link or the year/event

Also, when making a quote you can change the part in the first brackets to say {quote=quote source here}

It's already in the WoJ section  :D. Specifically the AMA Reddit Q&A  (http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,34849.0.html)

You mean to tell me you haven't memorized every WoJ on this website?  :o.

So a lil background on Hells Bells from wiki-answers.
what is the origin of the idiom hell's bells?
-If you are unfortunate enough to get to, Hell, when you arrive there is a ceremony where new arrivals are required to ring bells, like church bells, to let all in Hell know you have arrived. In other words, Hell's bells, are what are rung to alert those that have been there a while, "You have company."

I know it contradicts my earlier theory but maybe Hells Bells do go off when we have outsider visitors?

On Stars and Stones, Something that struck me literally ten min ago as I reread changes. When Harry goes to the stone table there is very specifically 5 cold pure stars described as upon Lady nights throat(Hint hint!). I wonder if the phrase isn't connected to these stars and this stone table? conjecture, SNS will deal with how the table was made, how it works and why it can give power to a wellspring. possibly I'll have more later, I'm supposed to be asleep :o

Very interesting stuff. Added.
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
I was talking about my need to refresh the compilation, which is my attempt to collate all the relevant WoJ's by subject.  There is a section for the BAT I believe.

I haven't really updated it since the GS release though, and I didn't even get everything from the interviews around that time either.  I wouldn't be supprised if there is over 40 hours worth of work for me to put in to get everything up to date.  Transcriptions help with that effort a /lot/ though.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
Man I really need to organize the OP. So much woooorrrrk thoouuugh  :(. My laziness is kicking my butt. 

Nothing much to add. Just hoping to incite some more conversation before the inevitable thread lock (and move to the Recourses section?).
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline Phenixia

• Participant
    • View Profile
I have another theory about Empty night: could it be that Harry and company will go beyond the Gate? After all, Empty night is Thomas expression. And we know he's working to keep the knowledge of the Gate and the Outsiders unknown. So he could be the guide to stop the bad guys at the source, even going to the extreme action of trying to lock them inside again.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
 I just had a thought, Hell's Bells makes us believe that the denarians will be involved.
 What with it being the apocalypse, I am trhinking that nearly all the fallen will be active, even those previously in the keeping of the church. THe only place that is secure enough to permanently keep the coins sealed away is the well of demonreach, and that makes me believe at some point it too will be breached, as it is too secure, it has to be breached. The full order of 30 fallen knights would be a force of terrible power, but it would give harry a chance to send most of the order into the well. I wonder what it would mean if all the coins were sealed away, for the knights of the cross. I just noticed something, after shiro died, about 10 of the nickel heads were in the hands of the church , one third of the order, and one sword was put on the side lines. In small favor, when michael went down, another ten or so coins were dehosted, and potentially still out of play.

Stars and stones, well we have hints applenty on the reference. Biggest bet is the star bit is a reference to harry status as a star born. The stone is a bit tricky, there is the stone table, the centre of faerie power. There is the crystal that makes up the outer gates, the crystal eye of the gatekeeper, and the crystal cells of demonreach.

Empty Night, we all assume is the show down between harry and the forces of the outside. There are however references to links between the WCV and empty knight. i had a theory the vampire courts are the result of humans tainted with the touch of beyond the outer gates.

I believe for the trilogy, the sword will have knights, and they will be epic.
k moinuddin

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Hells Bells,Stars and Stones, and Empty Night info and theory compilation th
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
So a lil background on Hells Bells from wiki-answers.
what is the origin of the idiom hell's bells?
-If you are unfortunate enough to get to, Hell, when you arrive there is a ceremony where new arrivals are required to ring bells, like church bells, to let all in Hell know you have arrived. In other words, Hell's bells, are what are rung to alert those that have been there a while, "You have company."
Probably related to the little bell my grandmother had. When it sounded it always meant 'Dinner Ready!'
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Phenixia

• Participant
    • View Profile
Interesting theory, Kazimmoinuddin. Enough to say that I'll think more about this.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
 I am guessing that due to the apocalyptic batlles, the whole supernatural world will be shaken up.
 The white council will get losses, and senior council members will die, possibly all seven.
 The fae will survive, but still lots will die in both courts andthe non aligned. I do see the fomor getting pumled by the courts.
 The BCV are going to get alot of damage, as we know necroamncy can be used against them, I see the leadership, the elders, nobility and magic users being dealt with. SO less threat, more vermin.
 THe wcv will simply get depleted.
 THe nickleheads will most definitly get killed, with the coin collection being held in the well. At best only a few will get away.
 The dragons will make an appearence,, what is an epic battle between the forces of light and darkness, without dragons joining in.
 THe knights, will either retire, or get their swords remade. If the fallen are all dealt with, they would a new purpose to defend the innocent. Imagine the swords power if reforged with soul fire.
k moinuddin

Offline Phenixia

• Participant
    • View Profile
THe knights, will either retire, or get their swords remade.

I agree that one sword will probably break at one tme and be repaired. With soul fire? That would be cool indeed! But maybe they already are made with it, since they are link to God and angels.

The white council will get losses

Don't they always have losses since the begining of the war with the vampires? ;)

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
In the latest q & a, jim said the navy will be involved in the bat i think.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
 Am i getting the image of sea monsters, and harry screaming, release the kraken, it was originally a norse beast was it not.
k moinuddin

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Am i getting the image of sea monsters, and harry screaming, release the kraken, it was originally a norse beast was it not.

Yeah, the kraken come from Scandinavian stories. I don't know if it goes back to the era of Norse mythology or not.

Who knows what it's doing in "Clash of the Titans"... of course, half the things in that movie are totally bizarre...

Offline rad

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Mortals get involved in a big way. 
Mab gets blindsided somehow and fails to live up to her side of things.  That or she makes a Spock choice.
Dragons shooting laser beams in outer space.
The Outsiders get in.
Possibly the moon (Gatekeeper's demesne)
Harry has to directly fight against the White Council.  Gatekeeper said it is coming.  I think that the WC will be fractured and the youngsters and some of the SC will follow Harry.
Nic and Black Court fight Outsiders.
Sam will kill him if he tries anything.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
 I agree nic will fight the outsiders, but ever since i heard the BCV are vulnerable to necromancy, I believed that that this could will be co opted by necromancers to be used as a weapon, so theyh will defintily fight, but under who command and which side is up for debate.
k moinuddin