Author Topic: New button  (Read 4306 times)

cenwolfgirl

Re: New button
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
what is the Oxford comma? and how is it different from a normal comma ?  ???

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »

Iago postes this:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,33726.msg1560612.html#msg1560612

and in a quick search I found a reference to better control over spambots and such. I think it appeared with Cloudflare.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
I enabled a module called "Bad Behavior" which basically checks if a visitor *might* be coming from a known spammer/etc location when they access the forum. Stuff that you wrap in the new tag won't be shown to the visitor if they are -- so you could, for example, share your email address, but enclose it in that tag to help make sure that a spammer that's running around the web searching for email addresses it could spam won't be able to see the address.

To everyone else, the effect of the tag will be invisible -- it'll simply be shown exactly as it would be before.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline tuttman1234

• Needs A Life
  • King of Glomps *glompsyoujustby readingthisglomp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Cool. Good idea!!!
Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design. Save what once was lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.

For Mdodd. Rest in peace friend.

Drip, Drip, Drop.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
So, Oz was right. I was not suspicious enough  :) *an halo appears floating above her head*  :P
Thank you, Iago!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
I snipped off the comma digressions (as they're not relevant to this topic) and moved that new thread over to the bar.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
That is waaay cool.
Thanks Iago.