Author Topic: help plz character concept  (Read 1332 times)

Offline raydjulia

• Participant
    • View Profile
help plz character concept
« on: August 25, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
Im looking for some help with a char concept, im thinking of a scion of the erlking, and young man early 20s , hard around the edges. high concept: son of the erlking  trouble:hunter or hunted (or maybe  Hunted by the hunter).
 Aspects:  I know im going to regret this
               You cant escape me
               Stupidly stubborn

I want him to a hunter, but not you typical hunter he will hunter down and find anything , person , item , etc for the right price. well thats how its starts anyways , i want him to have a change or heart, at some point and decide that doing the right thing doesnt have a price.

possible powers: echo of beasts( has ability to track by smell, very cool for a hunter)
                       Channeling: Balefire  ( i read somewhere that the erlking uses balefire)
                        inhuman speed
                        swift transition( he can track u anywere)

i have never made a char and would any ideas of maybe a suggestion or 2 , or if anyone wants to post a char fleshed out with these ideas i would appreciate it

Offline AstronaughtAndy

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: help plz character concept
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
For a possible power, something like Glamours but based off of your Survival?

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
i have never made a char and would any ideas of maybe a suggestion or 2 , or if anyone wants to post a char fleshed out with these ideas i would appreciate it     
Here's one potential start at Chest Deep: 
(click to show/hide)
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 02:40:43 PM »
That's neat.  If you added some kind of ability to cause fear...maybe using a Darkness evocation to do a fear maneuver, you could still track them, but it wouldn't last and you'd have to see them.  Ritual would be handy for that...

Offline THE_ANGRY_GAMER

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »
That's neat.  If you added some kind of ability to cause fear...maybe using a Darkness evocation to do a fear maneuver, you could still track them, but it wouldn't last and you'd have to see them.  Ritual would be handy for that...

Incite emotion could be good for that, as using magic to incite fear would result in the Wardens getting choppy.
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
Incite emotion works so does intimidation but both require the target to be nearby.  I generally figure someone running has a reason to run...and that usually involves fear of some sort.  Fear of prison, pain, death, or even simply embarrassment - it's all fear.  How intense it is just changes the target number for detection.  ;)
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
Incite emotion works so does intimidation but both require the target to be nearby.  I generally figure someone running has a reason to run...and that usually involves fear of some sort.  Fear of prison, pain, death, or even simply embarrassment - it's all fear.  How intense it is just changes the target number for detection.  ;)

Assuming he knows he's being hunted.

I was thinking of a supernatural sense that senses an aura or something.  So someone gives you a peice of clothing belonging to the prey and you get the "scent" and follow it.  The prey leaves an imprint wherever it's been.  Although, the fear thing IS way cooler.

Part of the tactic to hunting someone, then, would be getting the word out that they're being hunted.  Spread lots of rumours of how no-one escapes - to instill that fear.  You might consider putting some points into contacts.  Contacts will also help you track down bounties.

EDIT:  if you took a stunt that let you use contacts to make intimidate checks, that would work!  You could spread fear from afar.  Set up an aspect that you could use to track your prey.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:21:44 PM by Taran »

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
Yeah, I like the idea of using contacts to intimidate!  :)
--