Author Topic: The Apocalypse!  (Read 2267 times)

Offline FishStampede

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
The Apocalypse!
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
Much like there's the BAT coming up eventually, I figure that every game should have a looming apocalyptic event that could totally wipe out everything the players hold dear. Oh, it's not today, probably not even soon. It may not even happen at all, but it's there. Waiting. Because sometimes, we just want to watch the (game) world burn. What's yours?

Mine:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: The Apocalypse!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »
Ummm...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:56:13 PM by Taran »

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
Niiiice power!  How many refresh would you say that's worth?  :)

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:25:29 AM »
Ummm...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Be professional, be polite, and have a plan to kill everybody that you meet...

Offline FishStampede

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
Niiiice power!  How many refresh would you say that's worth?  :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:50 AM »
My main Denarian villain wants Harry Houdini's handcuff key so he can unlock the Gates of Hell. The PCs got to the key first, so they've got targets on their backs now.

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:37:55 AM »
My end game is a return of the Dreamtime, an aboriginal myth about creation, only full of giant serpents and frogmen and murderous eagles. Making it a kind of fae court similar to the Erlking's court, having been repressed for thousands of years (Aboriginal folk lore covers approx 40000years after all) by shamans now that the aborigine tribes have been decemated the old wards have slowly faded. Monsters playground follows.
Be professional, be polite, and have a plan to kill everybody that you meet...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 05:52:12 AM »
The current apocalyptic plan for my game is that the fey courts rip each other apart, messing up the natural balance. Meanwhile Nicodemus goes around stirring up as much trouble as possible. He's stolen a nuclear submarine, so that's quite a lot of trouble.

Offline FishStampede

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »
My main Denarian villain wants Harry Houdini's handcuff key so he can unlock the Gates of Hell. The PCs got to the key first, so they've got targets on their backs now.

I just want to say, Warehouse 13 is one of my favorite shows. Did you get the idea from there?
My end game is a return of the Dreamtime, an aboriginal myth about creation, only full of giant serpents and frogmen and murderous eagles. Making it a kind of fae court similar to the Erlking's court, having been repressed for thousands of years (Aboriginal folk lore covers approx 40000years after all) by shamans now that the aborigine tribes have been decemated the old wards have slowly faded. Monsters playground follows.

This one is also one of my favorites. I'm fond of tribal mythologies (as you can see with how I use Cherokee myth), and the Australians have a very, very interesting one. Most people don't quite realize it has a dark side too. ALL myths have a dark side. As Terry Pratchett put it, "Sooner or later, all the old stories are about blood."

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
My main plot delves into the history of the Hohokom Indians that live here in Arizona before Phoenix was founded.  They were several thousands large and had, for the time, advances systems of irrigation and what not.  But by the time the eventual founders of Phoenix got here there were nothing but ruins of the civilization.  History has it they suffered a bad drought.

BUT, in the dresdenverse they fell victims of the summer court.  They performed a massive ritual that created a giant flash fire across a huge portion of the state.  With he intent that from the ashes l, new, more, and better life will flourish.  And now in the present time, summer is starting to make preparations to do it again.

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
I just want to say, Warehouse 13 is one of my favorite shows. Did you get the idea from there?
This one is also one of my favorites. I'm fond of tribal mythologies (as you can see with how I use Cherokee myth), and the Australians have a very, very interesting one. Most people don't quite realize it has a dark side too. ALL myths have a dark side. As Terry Pratchett put it, "Sooner or later, all the old stories are about blood."

I've never seen Warehouse 13 save maybe for their Eureka crossover, but I really liked that Lost Room miniseries that Syfy did (which dealt with weird artifacts, each with its own oddball power). One of my PCs is a thief specializing in magic items, so I try to have interesting artifacts show up now and then, and a key that can unlock anything matches up well with another PC's backstory (he used to be a Denarian host and Denarians are all about the/an/any apocalypse).

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
my apocalypse is probably going to have the supernatural word be reveled to the humans ....all of them over live television
basic but still cool in its own right
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?