Author Topic: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2  (Read 81575 times)

Offline dpara

• Conversationalist
  • clear and concise reasoning. sharkslap!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »
Did Justin die in his body?

Are all encryption techniques absolutely useless against intellectus? Or any faerie?

Î ask since faeries seem to understand "all"?? languages (encryption can be seen as translating something into a "unique" language), though asking a dewdrop fairie to decode the nuclear launch codes seems kinda overpowered^^.
Faerie programmers stealing all my jobs!11

If I write a book in the Nevernever and take it to earth does the Archive know it?

edit:
"I'm not sure it does," I said. "I got word today that the Gatekeeper-"
 Bob shivered.
Why does Bob shiver at mentioning the Gatekeeper? he dislikes hindsight?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:36:07 PM by dpara »
SH[Mavra---- Molly- Lash+ Elaine+ Murphy++]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »
Or perhaps he is scared of the most dangerous of the senior council, dpara.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2012, 08:40:43 AM »
Why do you assume that Lasciel's job was related to spiders?

I did not. It was an example.
My first was: The isle Sardinia.

Belief Empowers Deities, not quite the same thing.  And thats just how it works for entities that have adopted those roles, like Odin or the Red King.  The WG was on the ground floor of Creation, by WOJ (as a corollary to the WOJ that says Uriel was the Senior VP of Creation)
What! We have WOJ that the White God really is the Creator in the DresdenVerse?
(And not good public relations.)

Offline dpara

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »
Or perhaps he is scared of the most dangerous of the senior council, dpara.
But I can't remember a reaction like that if the topic was Mab, Shagnasty, the Denarians ..Kemmlerites?...uh the Archive^^?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2012, 11:06:11 AM »
But I can't remember a reaction like that if the topic was Mab, Shagnasty, the Denarians ..Kemmlerites?...uh the Archive^^?

Mab and the Denarians do scare the shit put of him when brought up (hell, he's hiding in Harry's basement from gruesome death by Mab), Shagnasty isn't going anywhere near him, so he has no reason to fear, when he was asked about the Kemmlerites he was in full on Necro-Bob mode IIRC, the Archive doesn't go after anybody and I don't think Bob has been asked about the Archive.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline dpara

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
Mab and the Denarians do scare the shit put of him when brought up (hell, he's hiding in Harry's basement from gruesome death by Mab), Shagnasty isn't going anywhere near him, so he has no reason to fear, when he was asked about the Kemmlerites he was in full on Necro-Bob mode IIRC, the Archive doesn't go after anybody and I don't think Bob has been asked about the Archive.
Ok, no doubt. But I am still not convinced that there might not be a story behind that. But let's rephrase the question to; what stories does Bob know about the Gatekeeper?

What would happen if the Archive wants the Apocalypse?
 (..replace google with a photo&description of Belshugruaubb the Worldeater?^^)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
What would happen if the Archive wants the Apocalypse?
 (..replace google with a photo&description of Belshugruaubb the Worldeater?^^)
It does, she doesnt.  (no, there is no evidence of this, but Im convinced the archive is a sleeper agent for the Outsiders)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Sheaman3773

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
What! We have WOJ that the White God really is the Creator in the DresdenVerse?
(And not good public relations.)
No. But lots of people like to assume.
And when Mab thinks your evil plotting has gone too far.  You know you're way way over the line.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
We have WOJ that the archangel is "Senior VP of Creation"  Which many interpret that way.  It is not stated directly, in text or by WOJ
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
We have WOJ that the archangel is "Senior VP of Creation" 

And no reason that I can see to think it didn't take over that post, say from a capital-D Dragon or an Old One..
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »
And no reason that I can see to think it didn't take over that post, say from a capital-D Dragon or an Old One..
Very True. It all depends on whether you think "Creation" in that instance is a noun or a verb  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
Very True. It all depends on whether you think "Creation" in that instance is a noun or a verb  :)

Oh, very nice.  I can see Uriel as a latecomer taking over a position in charge of a significant chunk of the process of Creation as easily as a latecomer taking over jurisdiction over a chunk of the universe, though. I mean, if we talk about Creation-as-verb in the DV, Harry is kind of doing it on a small scale much of the time he uses magic.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Oh, very nice.  I can see Uriel as a latecomer taking over a position in charge of a significant chunk of the process of Creation as easily as a latecomer taking over jurisdiction over a chunk of the universe, though. I mean, if we talk about Creation-as-verb in the DV, Harry is kind of doing it on a small scale much of the time he uses magic.
I could see that.  Though Magic still has to do business with the Laws of Physics, and in theory somebody had to write those Laws.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
I could see that.  Though Magic still has to do business with the Laws of Physics, and in theory somebody had to write those Laws.

Not that I can see.  Magic and supernatural stuff of whatever form evolving with the constraints of physics, and physics logically constrained in that you have to have values of physical laws that support complex life or you don't get a story in the first place, works equally well to my mind at any rate.

Offline Nicodemus Carpenter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »

There's another WoJ that says there is no upper limit on what magic can accomplish.  If a practitioner has enough juice, and a strong enough will, they can literally do anything they can imagine. 

The whole thing about how magic has to do business with 'the laws of physics' might well just be the way an individual practitioner's will interacts with all the other 'wills' currently at work upon the universe.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.