Author Topic: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2  (Read 81398 times)

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »
Seeing as she's dead, I suspect that Lord Raith (or any other Raith) wouldn't be able to, er, induce lust to feed on her. And, good god man, that's an appalling mental image anyways.

My question is True Love protects against Raiths and other lust-based White Court Vampires. Would it protect against a Skavis or Malvora White Court Vampire?

It's implied you need True Hope/True Courage for that IIRC.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:34 AM »
Yep, here's the WoJ

Which Q&A did you get that from?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2012, 01:47:03 AM »
I have a question. This is completely random, but if Mab had to take over Harry's responcibilities when he died, does that mean that she had to pay for the Guard's Pizza?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2012, 01:51:18 AM »
I have a question. This is completely random, but if Mab had to take over Harry's responcibilities when he died, does that mean that she had to pay for the Guard's Pizza?

We'll find out in Cold Days.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2012, 01:59:48 AM »
Which Q&A did you get that from?
It was from Serack's WoJ list, looks like it's an unverified one from the 2011 Naperville signing.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2012, 04:16:35 AM »
Seeing as she's dead, I suspect that Lord Raith (or any other Raith) wouldn't be able to, er, induce lust to feed on her. And, good god man, that's an appalling mental image anyways.

My question is True Love protects against Raiths and other lust-based White Court Vampires. Would it protect against a Skavis or Malvora White Court Vampire?
:o :o :o...i was kind of thinking more of death through entrothy curse like that one blamp in BR. Im now drunk on brain bleach after picturing a Mavra/Lord Raith ship.

What Second Aristh said for your question.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »

Someone get the Duck in here to write some MavraxLord Raith poetry.

And another question, where did the power for the Hellfire come from? And if it came from Lasciel, how did it get through all the barriers Harry put between himself and the Coin?

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
Someone get the Duck in here to write some MavraxLord Raith poetry.

And another question, where did the power for the Hellfire come from? And if it came from Lasciel, how did it get through all the barriers Harry put between himself and the Coin?
There was a little bit of Her in him (rather than an active link such as you normally see with traditional magic)

From WN:
"Um, right," he said. "Back to business. Uh, your soul. You give away pieces of yourself all the time. Everyone does. Some of it goes out with your magic, too. It grows back. Relax, boss."
"If it's no big deal," I said, "then why is it so interesting?"
"Oh, well," Bob said. "It is energy, you know. And I wonder if maybe… maybe… well, look, Harry. There was a tiny bit of Lasciel's energy in you, supporting the entity, giving you access to Hellfire. That's gone now, but the entity had to have had some kind of power source to turn against the essence of its own originator."
"So it was running off my soul? Like I'm some kind of battery?"
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
You would think that it would run out if it was just that tiny bit of energy fueling the Hellfire, I'm asking for confirmation of whether or not that energy created a further link between Harry and the coin and allowed Harry to get Hellfire and sustain Lash because that supposedly tiny bit of energy shouldn't be able to do so much on it's own.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
Well, there existed some sort of connection between him and the coin that did or at least could circumvent the circle.  We know this since it was apparently always possible for Harry to summon the coin to him, even though it's a path harry chose not to take.  My guess would be that the link worked on some sort of Faith Magic, which operates on a completely different wavelength from traditional magic, and works on different rules. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »
Was there a price for Hellfire?  Soulfire uses Harry's own soul as tinder.  You've said that Hellfire is sort of an opposite side of the coin.  So, did Hellfire also burn up Harry's soul?

On a guess, Soulfire trends towards bad bits & Hellfire targets the good bits of a soul?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
Was there a price for Hellfire?  Soulfire uses Harry's own soul as tinder.  You've said that Hellfire is sort of an opposite side of the coin.  So, did Hellfire also burn up Harry's soul?

On a guess, Soulfire trends towards bad bits & Hellfire targets the good bits of a soul?

I'm guessing Lasciel was footing the bill for Hellfire usage for Harry since he never experienced the Soulfire slump when using Hellfire.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »
I'm guessing Lasciel was footing the bill for Hellfire usage for Harry since he never experienced the Soulfire slump when using Hellfire.

Eh, I don't really see Lashiel's Shadow, just giving Harry something for nothing.  Plus, if it had the same price tag, it might explain some things. 

Lashiel's Shadow, was able to get Harry to develop anger issues.  Yes, this was explained by the fact that she had been talking to his inner self, but a comprimised soul, could have added leverage to the change.

Even if the cost was only to Lashiel's shadow, if Harry was able to attain Hellfire in the scene in Changes, it does bring up the question of its potential cost.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
Eh, I don't really see Lashiel's Shadow, just giving Harry something for nothing.  Plus, if it had the same price tag, it might explain some things. 

She would give him things for free with the only cost being growing dependent on her, that's part of why she was so damn tempting, she didn't have any cost to use other than growing dependent on her and her potentially being able to use that to one day make you take up a coin.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Brightbane

• Conversationalist
  • Totally obscene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »
She would give him things for free with the only cost being growing dependent on her, that's part of why she was so damn tempting, she didn't have any cost to use other than growing dependent on her and her potentially being able to use that to one day make you take up a coin.
Hellfire twisted harry like bad magic. That's why he started getting rage problems when he was using it. At least, that's what I've always assumed the side effect was
Bob started tittering. "Look out! Look out for that vicious mega-squirrel, boss!" He said, hardly able to speak clearly. "My gosh! that ficus is about to molest you!"