Author Topic: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2  (Read 81736 times)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Jim 2012 style
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
How did Cowl survive the Dark Hollow?

I think this one we have a reasonably solid answer implied in the text, though; Cowl and Kumori are very quick at disappearing into the NN when faced by the Alphas earlier in DB.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Jim 2012 style 2
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:39 PM »
As a side note, we have WoJ that Sue will rise again.

And what are the odds that after I wake up (I'm about to go to sleep) I'm going to find several pages of questions waiting for me?

Lol.  This topic is a long time in waiting.

Eventually organizing them by topic might be a good idea... 
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
I think this one we have a reasonably solid answer implied in the text, though; Cowl and Kumori are very quick at disappearing into the NN when faced by the Alphas earlier in DB.
True, but it occured to me that with Cowl channeling all his focus and power into the DH he and Kumori might have had to rely on alternative means the intant before they died.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
True, but it occured to me that with Cowl channeling all his focus and power into the DH he and Kumori might have had to rely on alternative means the intant before they died.
Only if Kumori could not, for some reason, open the way herself.  She got scared by Bob-Rex, then Harry shoved her away (letting her cut his throat a little) and then turned to slug Cowl and disrupt the DH.  That would have given her plenty of time to open a way and yank him through before the backlash "tore apart every enchantment within a hundred miles".  And not only that, she would have had a knife stained with Harry's Blood...  Creepy thought.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
Active Vs Passive thought.  Which do you use?

There's been a number of discussions we fans have had, on this matter, & wouldn't mind if you could clarify it for us.  First, the matter of the Wizard's sight.  The way I read it, the memories are extremely vivid, but like all memories, require an association to bring it to the forefront of the mind.  (That's how I read how Turn Coat worked, at least.)

Others seem to think, its the constant "Can't sleep, clown will eat me" sort of 24/7 deal.

Likewise, I'd like to know if Ivy works in the same way.  I personally think that Ivy accesses the Archive via association.  Others seem to think that Ivy herself (& not just the Archive construct) is watching 1,000,000 news channels & reading the news tickers of each & every one.  At the same time, as other daily activities & managing to keep track of it all.  (Never mind the Internet & everything else.)

I mean, I know you've said that Ivy doesn't have any filters to protect herself from the Internet, but I'd assume she's have less issues as long as she distanced herself from things that had associations with Rule 34.

Can the Sight be fooled?  That angel in changes was able to shut it down before the Sight hurt harry, but could a being of sufficient power actually hide from the sight? -Quantus

Addendum:Related, but was the disguise of Father Vincent, that Quintus Cassius had, somewhat along these lines?  (Since it was able to at least fool Wizard senses, handshake)-KevinSig
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:39:58 AM by KevinSig »

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
Who drew thw pentangle on the tree(aybe it was stone?) leading to the white council HQ in Turncoat?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
Who drew thw pentangle on the tree(aybe it was stone?) leading to the white council HQ in Turncoat?
Tree near Edinburgh, a Stone (a Menhir, technically) carved by Maggie Sr. on the first leg to CI, in Changes (went from a NN forest to Giza)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
yeah got them mixed up, just wondering if she did the tree too, pr perhaps the previous owner of the ruby harry's got now did.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
I would like to ask if Harry will go on the Larry Fowler Show again.  It might be an insignificant question on its face, but I think it might be an important moment if it occurs.  Aside from from settling Harry's legal problems, it might represent a turning point in how Harry both handles his mundane problems and presents himself to the outside world.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline King Ash

• Posty McPostington
  • Its good to be king!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
Was Lord Talos the Marshall of all of Summer's Court or specifically in regards to the forces that Aurora controlled?
There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not Today!!!! Syrio Forel, First Sword of Braavos.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »
I would like to ask if Harry will go on the Larry Fowler Show again.  It might be an insignificant question on its face, but I think it might be an important moment if it occurs.  Aside from from settling Harry's legal problems, it might represent a turning point in how Harry both handles his mundane problems and presents himself to the outside world.
would be cool if that's how he make his re-appearance back in the world and Murphy, Marcone, Alphas everyone find out he's alive :D

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
What are the abilities of the swords of the cross?

Is it possible for wizards to use body altering magics to extend their lifespans?

Do wizards gain power (not just skill) with age (i.e. is a 300 year old wizard more powerful than they were at 20 years old?) like every other supernatural group seems to?

Also, I'm already on the reserve post on the first day.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:08:12 AM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:43 AM »
What are the abilities of the swords of the cross?

Is it possible for wizards to use body altering magics to extend their lifespans?

Do wizards gain power (not just skill) as they age like every other supernatural group seems to?

Also, I'm already on the reserve post on the first day.

Yah, I ment to do 2 or 3, but someone responded before I could.  I don't know if I am still restricted, but in the past I could only post once every 30 seconds.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »
Yah, I ment to do 2 or 3, but someone responded before I could.  I don't know if I am still restricted, but in the past I could only post once every 30 seconds.

That restriction still exists.

As a side note, I'll probably go with a link to part 3 at the end of part 2 once I run out of space on the second post since I didn't reserve a third post.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 01:30:50 AM »
The 3rd post is mine, so you can take it if you need it.  Not sure if I can somehow give you control, or if you just want to PM me with the content.  Whatever is easiest for you  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/