Author Topic: Mouse's Origins  (Read 13554 times)

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse's Origins
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
One thing to note, text-wise, Mouse enters the story immediately after Harry is exposed to Lasciel's shadow. Something tells me this isn't a coinicidence. If I were Mr. Sunshine, I might makes sure that a certain wizard that seems to be tied to many important events had a positive influence in his life that balanced out the negative.
Text-wise he might have been immediately introduced, but chronologically in the Dresdenverse it was close to a year's time between the two events.   

Offline kytheros

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
Text-wise he might have been immediately introduced, but chronologically in the Dresdenverse it was close to a year's time between the two events.   
Though, to be fair to the idea, it would likely take time to arrange that kind of thing and have it be carried out.

Offline Smithdj36

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »
One thing to note, text-wise, Mouse enters the story immediately after Harry is exposed to Lasciel's shadow. Something tells me this isn't a coinicidence. If I were Mr. Sunshine, I might makes sure that a certain wizard that seems to be tied to many important events had a positive influence in his life that balanced out the negative.
I suppose that may be one reason that at the end of GS Mr. Sunshine and mouse seemed to have a working relationship. though the timeline dose not fit in the way you say but it dose seem to fit the modus operandi of Mr. Sunshine.
If u failed to read the welcome sign I will remind you of what it says “We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.” Welcome to the Dresdenverse feel free to scream like a girl any time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4XU2d4I2c

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
Though, to be fair to the idea, it would likely take time to arrange that kind of thing and have it be carried out.

That's assuming that an Archangel doesn't have intellectus, or foresight to plan ahead.  And I think we've seen evidence enough from Uriel's comments in The Warrior and other places, that he can see ahead to some degree.   

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
Second point is, even with reincarnation and the Wheel of Karma, Mouse came into Harry's life while still a tiny puppy. So, no Mrs. Mouse yet at that point, not in this present lifetime. That doesn't mean that there won't be one coming along, of course. Mouse may be a bachelor knight-errant now, selflessly dedicated to personally guarding Maggie Jr. and Molly and Harry himself, but I certainly hope that one day there comes along a strong, lithe candidate who catches Mouse's eye. Sure, the timing of the meet-up will be maximally inconvenient, but that doesn't mean that the chemistry won't flow.
That's a very sensible theory, LoveJoy. There's a lot of eligible knight-errants in the Dresdenverse. Mouse being one of them, especially since Foo dogs are always seen in pairs, makes sense.
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »

Lash was a corrupting influence, whereas Mouse gave harry positive memories to draw on, even a motivation. There is a passage in Dead Beat, where Harry is feeling like he is in over his head, and he recalls that Mouse "thought I was pretty darned cool" and it picks him up.

I don't think this was a 7 words type balancing of the scales. But more of a life-line if you will.

and the part of Blood Rights where Harry looks back at the Pups and finds that the Notch-eared Puppy had fought his way to the top of the dog pile supports your theory wonderfully.
i sort of agree with this. we have always seen Mouse being attentive to Harry, licking his  hand after the SoulSlap he gave Thorned and such. Bob says we share our soul w/ each other through hugs and good times and such. what if Mouse is helping him regen his soul and aid Harry by giving him doggie hugs and such.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

taishojojo

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »
...but I certainly hope that one day there comes along a strong, lithe candidate who catches Mouse's eye. Sure, the timing of the meet-up will be maximally inconvenient, but that doesn't mean that the chemistry won't flow.
I'm sure Tara has a sister or 5.

Offline robertltux

• Posty McPostington
  • Cat Sith Must rise again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:39 PM »
I'm sure Tara has a sister or 5.

or that a message has gotten to The Temple concerning a FOO DOG running around Chicago (wanna bet that Ancient Mai outright sent a scroll to the mountains right after she saw Mouse in Turncoat??) if you assume that Foos are born as Pairs then Mrs Mouse is running around in the mountains without Her Mate.
Jim/Bast could we have more Cat Sith???

Offline Sheaman3773

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »
Or Mrs. Mouse is the puppy that Harry didn't necessarily save.
And when Mab thinks your evil plotting has gone too far.  You know you're way way over the line.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
Or Mrs. Mouse is the puppy that Harry didn't necessarily save.
Considering Harry's habit of trying to save Distressed Damsels, it would be quite amusing to watch him playing second chair to Mouse being the stubborn, headstrong, White Knight, rushing into danger to save a woman (dog).   He would get to be an amusing hypocrite again, like he was when he first got Mouse, and commented about his puppy behaviour, even though he acted the same way.   ;D

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »
Saving some mouse geekery here

I think the lady who was walking "Edward" was both thrilled that I recognized a Tibetan Mastiff, and a little wierded out by my enthusiasm.

Cool pic, and now I have a face to go with your name as well :)

Was it a young dog, it seems quite small compared to what I was picturing?
Nah he wasn't young.  Really that guy wasn't bigger than a Rotwiller (msp?), I was just excited that I saw and recognized a tibetan mastif for the first time even if he wasn't as huge as my image of Mouse.  I think I've seen videos of specimen's in China that are closer to Mouse's size, but really Mouse is kind of an amalgamation of a tibetan mastif (orgin story) with a Caucasian, (That article describes specimens used as russian prison guard dogs as "stand six feet tall, are over 200 pounds and are roughly the size of a bear.")

here is a video that gives a good idea of how monserous a caucasion (and by association mouse) is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdXFZ-y7Ms
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*