Author Topic: Memorial Thread?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Memorial Thread?
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »
I know it sounds kind of odd, but would a thread dedicated to members and their loved ones who pass be morbid?
Maybe just a spot to acknowledge and celebrate and post obituaries or memories.
It seems to help a lot of people grieve and celebrate the people that are important to them (including pets).
This forum is remarkably comfortable and I think it would be a good place to share these things without fear of ridicule or backlash.

This way the threads won't be lost in the general social area.

Thanks...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Thread?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:10:05 AM »
That's not morbid.  This place is a community.  A little spot to remember those who have passed on sounds appropriate.
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »
I agree with Don. It seems to be a good idea.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:31:01 PM »
^^^^^^
+1
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »
You know, I meant to mention this to the other Mods, but then I got some Life all over things and totally forgot.  I'll roll it on over to the back room and see what everyone has to say.  A sticky for "Absent Companions" might be nice. 

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:08:22 AM »
Ok, I'm setting up a thread over in Story of Us, called To Absent Companions.  One of the Big Daddy Mods will have to sticky it.