Author Topic: Hey guys, check this out!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Hey guys, check this out!
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:22:26 PM »
So I know this is a bit off topic, but I feel like many of you are my friends and I wanted to share this project I've got going on. Plus it's for charity, so you're a terrible person if you don't check it out. ;D

The Reaping, a hunger games role-playing marathon to support child's play.

Doesn't cost anything to play, you just need to have an interest. All the money is raised by "sponsors" trying to keep you alive in the game.

Neat, huh?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys, check this out!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:02:28 AM »
Looks interesting, but I can't work out what system they're using.

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:06:47 AM »
Their own custom system, maybe? Or perhaps freeform, since everyone there should be familar with the setting.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »
We're actually using Gurps, but the whole system will be in the GM's hands so that it's all "under the hood" so to speak. The player says "I want to do this" and the GM goes "Roll XdX, if you get higher than X you are good." Character creation will be played out too, so the player says "I want to spend my time training with a bow" and the GM marks down the appropriate ranks in archery (or whatever skill governs bows).

It's that way so that even people not used to the system we choose (or who have never worked with a system) can play.