Author Topic: WOJ: Hexenwufl solved  (Read 27822 times)

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
WOJ: Hexenwufl solved
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
There is a WOJ saying that some of you solved the Hexenwulf problem. I tried to find it with the search , but got nothing. Could someone enlighten me?

Curator edit
Reply #1 says what the general consensus spuspect is
Reply #5 quotes a WoJ saying this
Reply #50 links the belts from Love Hurts (and more reasoning below that at #59)
Reply #57 summarizes any other likely suspects

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:29:01 AM by Serack »
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline Thork

• Conversationalist
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat."
    • View Profile
Re: WOJ: Hexenwufl solved
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
I *think* the theory is that the belts came from the Erlking, largely because the Erlking's court is adjacent to the FBI building in the NeverNever and the belts can be categorized as granting powers associated with the Wild Hunt.
"Harry Dresden decides this is really all too much work, and wanders off to get himself something to drink. He gets beaten up seventeen times on his way, but saves two orphanages."
----------
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/884/Suvudu-Cage-Match-How-It-REALLY-Went-Down

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
there may be a level deeper as well: Marcone has a conection with Odin of some kind (theoreis differ) and Odin is one of Erlking's rivals for control of the wild hunt. In Changes, EK mentions interfering with those who interfere with his hunts.

I think marcone is a Gaet, one of the mortal decendants of Odin from Gram legends. Of course, I believe that makes Odin one of Mab's exes, but hey- Im a Duck.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »
Another thing in favour of it being Erl who made the belts, WoJ has it we're going to find out more about who made the belts in Cold Days.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Veritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »
Someone on the BC most likely made a deal with the Erlking to make the belts. Then that black wizard gave it to the fbi agents.Makes more sense.....

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
I don't remember where it came from, but I do remember seeing it, shortly after Changes, so that does tie in with the theory that the Erlking's court might be involved.

(Found it, it was the Bitten by Books web based Q&A)

ANSWERS FROM - JIM BUTCHER says:
April 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm
“1.) Are we going to find out for certain (not speculation) who hired the hitman in Changes?”

Absolutely.

“2.) Are we going to find out where the Hexenwolf belts came from in Fool Moon?”

Several folks have already worked it out, actually.  The pieces are there if you want to put them together, though eventually I’ll state it outright.

“3.) When will Harry finally get the whole truth about his past? (As in his mom, grandfather — who they REALLY are/were?)”

I doubt he’ll get much more truth than any of us do. As far as who people REALLY were… well. What Harry knows so far is all accurate. I’m really not sure of the direction of this question.

What? Professional assassin for the White Council and powerful wizardess who consorted with the White Court aren’t interesting enough?

http://www.bittenbybooks.com/22804/jim-butcher-qa-and-contest-live-here/#comments

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
someone figured it out prior to changes, but i cannot rember the details right now. I think there may have been a woj that they were correct, one of his ' i love it when folks put things together' comments.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
there is still no hint whatsoever about which theory is correct though. BC, Erl, whoever, nothing. there were a few theories at the time.

personally i think the Erl theory is the weakest, it is too easy.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
there is still no hint whatsoever about which theory is correct though. BC, Erl, whoever, nothing. there were a few theories at the time.

personally i think the Erl theory is the weakest, it is too easy.

Or maybe we're just putting in too much thought and its a theory that no casual reader would suspect.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
The question was asked where the WOJ comes from, Jim might have said the same elsewhere prior to the release of Changes, but I don't know about that.  I can't say for certainty where the belts come from.

However, it wouldn't be unreasonable this is the WOJ that Elegast might have been referencing.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
sadly , we are misisng much of 2008-2010 as the forum archives go.

leaving us with the memory ( which has been very wrong before) of old peeps like me.

I remember the discussion, vaguely. I do rmeber a lot of folks considering that EK did the belts as a given, for a while. I dotn remeber why.

:'(

Offline gborbonus

• Participant
  • World hunger? bah... Fix Stupid, more useful
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
You have EK, possible only because of location(kind of weak for sound reasoning).
Lea, I mean come on, she makes hounds out of people on a regular bases AND makes them enjoy it.
I Personally think no theory dismisses BC but infact emphasizes their involvement.

My Personal theory: WK.

Mainly because He had his little fingers EVERYWHERE(lara inherited his influence and was able to drop a Navy Chopper in another country), He was calling up demons such as HWWB. He had to get that knowledge from somewhere, and we KNOW he has had contact with other wizards and such before we ever saw him.

Since BR, HWWB has not been located, though we know he's free.
Further Evidence:
Lara has information on top-level wizards at her finger-tips. Where does she get this information while the WC is at war with vamps?
Not to mention the information she had was NEW, such as Carlos' position.

Trying to fix the world, one moron at a time.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »
You have EK, possible only because of location(kind of weak for sound reasoning).
Lea, I mean come on, she makes hounds out of people on a regular bases AND makes them enjoy it.
I Personally think no theory dismisses BC but infact emphasizes their involvement.

My Personal theory: WK.

Mainly because He had his little fingers EVERYWHERE(lara inherited his influence and was able to drop a Navy Chopper in another country), He was calling up demons such as HWWB. He had to get that knowledge from somewhere, and we KNOW he has had contact with other wizards and such before we ever saw him.

Since BR, HWWB has not been located, though we know he's free.
Further Evidence:
Lara has information on top-level wizards at her finger-tips. Where does she get this information while the WC is at war with vamps?
Not to mention the information she had was NEW, such as Carlos' position.

WK as in:

white King? Winter Knight? Winter King? Santa clause?

(most folks just call the white king lord raith)

;D

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
WK as in:

white King? Winter Knight? Winter King? Santa clause?

(most folks just call the white king lord raith)

;D
or Papa Raith i think is the most used  :P
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »
I just want to see Santa Clause , with a sledfull or werewolf belts.