Author Topic: Dresden Files Geek Code (long)  (Read 52591 times)

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
  • "Finish that sentence, Raith, and we throw down."
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Turtles Productions
Re: Dresden Files Geek Code (long)
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2011, 01:10:22 AM »
Cowl goes straight from CL to CL++. What's CL+? And yeah, could someone clarify how parentheses are supposed to be used?

Contextually, I guessed that parentheses were used when more than one option was true for the fan.  For example, I'm fond of Mac being a clued-in vet who answers to no one, but also fond of the idea that he's THE Merlin ;D
"It doesn't really translate into Martian." - Aftermath

Offline Cole

• Participant
  • Hells Bells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
This was fun :) Thanks knnn!

DV Cole v1.2 YR 6 FR(M) 1.8 BK+++ RP JB TH(+++) WG+ CL(++) SW(+) BC+ MC --(+++) SH[Molly++++  Elaine+++ Murph+ Mavra----]

I think i did this right.
Molly was committing dinner by that time, aided and abetted by Sanya, who seemed to take some kind of grim Russian delight in watching train wrecks in progress.

DV Cole v1.2 YR 6 FR(M) 1.8 BK+++ RP JB TH(+++) WG+ CL(++) SW(+) BC+ MC --(+++) SH[Molly++++  Elaine+++ Murph+ Mavra----]

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »
Looks good!  Welcome to the forums.
(blatant self-plug)...you should try some of my other stuff. 

Note to self:
I really should update the geek code.  It's been a while since I last looked at it, and there are a bunch of nice suggestions posted in the thread...

DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline SAZ

• Posty McPostington
  • I cast my spirit into the many spheres seeking…
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
As it is talked about all the time (small pun), may I suggest a TT (time travel) part to the code?

TT+++ I love time travel stories and I have a Dr. Who poster hanging in my bedroom. Also paradoxes be dammed! I am sure that there have already been several cases of time travel hinted at in the books and thinking about it make me smile.

TT++ I generally enjoy time travel stories as long as it’s not used as a cheap out by the author. I also believe time travel has already happened once or maybe twice as of GS

TT+ I am willing to believe that time travel has happened as of GS and have faith the JB will handle it in a manner most folks will enjoy.

TT Time travel is Ok I guess, but it sometimes confuses me.

TT-Time travel in the DV has not happened as of GS, and I don’t think I want to read about it.

TT--Errr …time travel makes me grumpy and I think it unlikely based on what we know of physics. Therefore it usually ruins any story for me if it is used, but because JB is such a neat guy, I will deal with it if it is featured in one of the case files.

TT--- Time travel is the scourge of all science fiction and fantasy works!!!! It is so fundamentally at odds with the real world that I cannot accept it - even in works of fiction that involve magic. 

!TT Time travel NO, but seeing into the future is Ok

TT? Is that spring forward, fall back? Or spring back, fall forward?
Last night I had a vision. The World in flames. Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization. At the center of it – I saw Mister. Sitting there grooming himself, looking disinterested.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2017, 09:01:55 PM »
I was wondering if you could change the first actual code (Years since you started reading TDF) to the year you started.

as in, 2007, instead of 10 years.

Then you don't have to go in each year and update your signature.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
Good suggestion Rasins.

I think I'll make that the new official number in the next iteration of the code.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html