Author Topic: Questions  (Read 44217 times)

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »
Perhaps it's a link to the four elements instead of something Mayan specific?  Brick represents earth, vase is water, and dagger/sword go to fire/air in some combination.  I want to say that Harry has done something similar when he was setting up ritual magic before.

Except those are the Greek classical elements. I don't know what the classical elements are in Mayan belief, if they even had any.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2012, 06:01:47 AM »
Except those are the Greek classical elements. I don't know what the classical elements are in Mayan belief, if they even had any.
True, I'm just shooting in the dark.  I was going for an analogy with the elements from Harry's pendant.  The spirit element was provided by the human sacrifices.  Do you think Harry goes off a Greek based magic system then?
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill