Author Topic: Who recruited and trained Victor Sells?  (Read 9083 times)

Offline Thork

• Conversationalist
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat."
    • View Profile
Re: Who recruited and trained Victor Sells?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »
True.  So that would lend itself more towards a Lord Raith/Adrianna alliance, which might not have been completely mutual.  I've been looking at several of the early plots, and they all seem to revolve around removing Marcone from power, thus enabling other factions to try and increase their influence in Chicago.

Maybe Harry's continual interference has kept the Circle unified longer than they would have been, had they not had a common enemy/pest.

Yeah, I suspect that Harry may be more forming a Black Council as he goes along, as a counter-reaction, rather than opposing something that already existed.  Just like Martin described how the Red Court would collapse in massive infighting after every White Council victory, I imagine any organization filled up with as many Black Hats as Harry suspects to be in the Black Council would have a similar degree of internal division.

It's hard to say more than that there's some loose alliance of supernatural oldsters who are sick of the modern mortal order and want to do away with it for one reason or another, ranging from the various attempts to push Marcone out of Chicago to Aurora's insanity (did something drive her insane?) to Cowl and Kumori wanting to abolish death to more speculative goals (like my suspicion that Mavra wants to resurrect the elders of the black court; who the hell knows what Peabody wanted).

We know that there's something Cowl referred to as "the Circle", but that could mean anything from a literal organized Evil White Council to the evil-magic equivalent of an IRC chat channel.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:26:23 AM by Thork »
"Harry Dresden decides this is really all too much work, and wanders off to get himself something to drink. He gets beaten up seventeen times on his way, but saves two orphanages."
----------
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/884/Suvudu-Cage-Match-How-It-REALLY-Went-Down

Offline prince lotore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »
The irony is that he taught victor what maggie SR taught him and to finish the thought EB knew exactly what the spell could do at chicken pizza maybe he taught it to maggie
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:10:11 PM by prince lotore »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!

Offline asetti

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
I thought Reds cannot summon outsiders.  That is why Harry is convinced a powerful mortal is working with them in PG.  If White Court can summon outsideres, why didn't he assume it was them?
The death rate is the same for us as for anybody ... one person, one death, sooner or later.
Tunnel in the Sky (1955), Captain Helen Walker, Ch. 2

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »
mortals can only summon Outsiders. WCV can do the same as RCV, have mortal wizards summon them for their use.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline asetti

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »
mortals can only summon Outsiders. WCV can do the same as RCV, have mortal wizards summon them for their use.

My point exactly.
The death rate is the same for us as for anybody ... one person, one death, sooner or later.
Tunnel in the Sky (1955), Captain Helen Walker, Ch. 2

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
the RCV wasn't exactly the stealthiest vamps around. the WCV however are all about not being noticed. this makes me believe that Sells more than likely was a WCV/ BC asset than RCV.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
Plus, Bianca didn't know about him, and he attacked one of her assets, and stuff, like another poster here said.