Author Topic: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0  (Read 16496 times)

Offline yakoaohw

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files RPG Character Manager
Re: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Version 2.0.3 is uploaded now.

Avriel: custom power levels will now write with their metadata in attributes instead of elements resulting in a file that the CM can read properly. This error also existed in custom elements. If you know a thing or two about XML you can modify the file, but it will probably be quicker to just recreate it.

sirmio: Single elements are now removed from their respective lists in the correct order now, correcting the problem.

Offline Manifest

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
I think I encountered a hiccup or might just be me.

When I go to the Equipment tab and select "add item" I get the small window to appear.  Now my problem is that whenever I select "Yes" under the Magic Item? question it wont let me continue.  I select all the appropriate options and enter all the correct information but when I select ok I get a small window that states "This item must have a name" which does not let me continue (and yes I did enter a name for the item)

Now if I just select No under the Magic Item? option with everything else that I entered earlier unchanged it goes through.  This isn't that big of a deal but figured I should let you know and I am really enjoying the program and thank you for all your hard work.

Never mind it was me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:50:35 PM by Manifest »

Offline ZacharyHill227

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
Uhmmm I think mine has a problem. There is no template for wizard...

-facepalm- didn't realize that if you changed the power level it changes what you see. My bad.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:47:47 PM by ZacharyHill227 »

Offline Ax_kidson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »
OMFF an update
I've been using the old version look forward to the changes

thank you for this amazing program

Offline Groshnik

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Character Manager v2.0 (Phases Worksheet)
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
Using 2.0.3. Love it!

Only thing I have noticed is the Phases Worksheet. The Guest Star, and Guest Star Redux both print the information from Guest Star. Redux is not printed.

A formatting nitpick is the Great +4 on the character sheet. The others have parens like Average (+1)

Otherwise love the customization options.  Keep up the awesome work!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:32:11 PM by Groshnik »

Offline nirwen.elf

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Hi. I've found whenever I try to add equipment to my character that I can't get it to export to HTML. I'm running IE 9 with .NET 4+ using CM 2.0.3. The error occurs if any equipment is Armor or Weapon with a Skill or Type added. If the equipment is Other, it works fine.

The error is below in RED. Thanks for all your work  ;D

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'p' start tag on line 377 position 7 does not match the end tag of 'td'. Line 378, position 3.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at DFRPG_CM.MainForm.ExportCharacterSheetToolStripMenuItem_Cli ck(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DFRPG-CM
    Assembly Version: 2.0.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/zxc8dlr/Desktop/DFRPG-CMv2-0-3/DFRPG-CM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Offline yakoaohw

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
Hi. I've found whenever I try to add equipment to my character that I can't get it to export to HTML. I'm running IE 9 with .NET 4+ using CM 2.0.3. The error occurs if any equipment is Armor or Weapon with a Skill or Type added. If the equipment is Other, it works fine.

The error is below in RED. Thanks for all your work  ;D

... The 'p' start tag on line 377 position 7 does not match the end tag of 'td'. Line 378, position 3....[/color]

Looks like the html is missing a tag somewhere. I will take a hammer to it and see what I can do.

Offline SergeiVolkov

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
I am having a, hopefully, small problem when trying to apply a custom Item of Power. Namely, I can't get any of the abilities I give it to show on the character sheet or be reflected in any way, shape, or form. I made a set of armor for my character that would grant Improved Toughness (or in my case upgrade to Supernatural Toughness) and Inhuman Speed. I can see the default effects that all Items of Power have, but the new ones I added are not there.

Offline toutomoutochan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »
Thanks so much for making this! The original version was cool, but the new one is super-awesome.

I'm trying to run a custom game (not set in the Dresdenverse) and I'm looking to customize the hell out of this program (lots of new templates, powers, etc.) So, this is a feature request that might not be too important, as most users are probably not looking for so much customization.

But...

Is it possible to add more to the list of customizable entities? Like the category for powers (this is the biggie). Or skills, which is a lot less important.

Once again, thanks for making this program, and for continuing to update it to this bigger and better version.

Offline Rougarou

• Conversationalist
  • Just like Disneyland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »
First of all, great program. I found it yesterday and fully intend to start using it. It's obvious that you've put a lot of work into this and I, along with many others here, appreciate it.

That said, I've found two problems that I haven't seen mentioned thus far. The first is that a wizard character's evocation and thaumaturgy specializations are not showing up on his character sheet anywhere. Ditto the evocations familiarities. It's possible that they just aren't supposed to.... but that doesn't seem logical to me due to the fact that everything else shows up somewhere.

The second problem I've found is that when I go to add a Rote Spell, the element and focus item drop down boxes are empty and if I type in the names of the items and click Validate, it says I must choose an element and focus item.

All in all, still a very nice program. Again, thank you for devoting time to this.
"So you fought a hobo who tried to use a ritual to make himself a god?"
"We called him Hobosus."
"What?"
"Hobo plus Jesus. Hobosus."
- From a DFRPG campaign.

Offline keeperoflenneth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
Hey gang, new to the forum. I figure I would offer this up since i just saw this- might go well together. I recently put together a very simple (and not very pretty) dice roller for this system tailored for a php/mysql system (non-socktet) for real-time dice rolls and tracking of past rolls (our campaign is long-distance and done through skype so we needed a way to keep the dice fair and honest without web cams). If anyone is interested in this (i'm happy to show you first, i just dont want to post the information to everyone in the world here) shoot me an email at keeperoflenneth at gmail dot com. (subject something like dresden dice thing or something)

:) and thanks for whoever wrote this tool!

Offline DocSun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »
This is nice man. I am having lots of fun making some characters, though I cant seem to find a way to have the sheet display rote spells or the specializations that I chose . Is there anyone with a simple tutorial I can only do so much with the play around method. Otherwise nice.

And If I may make a suggestion for future a spell calculator so you can quickly see without flipping tabs what your power is, your control, with or without focus, and if you add more shifts of power what you need to roll in order to keep it under control, extra stress you take etc. It would be an awesome reference.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:34:30 AM by DocSun »

Offline Apollishar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 04:08:05 AM »
I'm having a problem with putting my focus items on my rotes

Offline yakoaohw

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:03 PM »
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I've got some fixes in the works concerning magic, focus items, equipment and the like. I should have them live by next week or so if I get some time.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Offline Wizard_Thoarin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 03:36:28 AM »
I like what I see in the program so far, so thanks.

Just poking around with the Sorcerer, I noticed that Rote Spells don't seem to show up on the character sheet.  Also, I couldn't seem to link any of the focuses I created on the Magic Items tab to any of the rote spells.

Any chance your going to add the optional character sheets like Spell casting Sheet or changeling (were creature version of the main character sheet with 2 different skill list sections)?