Author Topic: Sponsored Magic Master List  (Read 83286 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored Magic Master List
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2015, 02:06:19 AM »
Might be a bit much.

+1 defensive control, power, and complexity is probably worth about 2 Refinements, reducing Toughness by a level is probably worth another Refresh, and counting as holy is a nice bonus too. So that's more than 3 Refresh of extra stuff. Granted, it's not the most optimally-spent 3 Refresh, but it still seems rather strong.

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsored Magic Master List
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2015, 04:07:25 AM »
Might be a bit much.

+1 defensive control, power, and complexity is probably worth about 2 Refinements, reducing Toughness by a level is probably worth another Refresh, and counting as holy is a nice bonus too. So that's more than 3 Refresh of extra stuff. Granted, it's not the most optimally-spent 3 Refresh, but it still seems rather strong.

The Holy thing is kind of a throwaway to me, more like a part of the 'element' being used here, especially since this is intended for characters that are very likely to have Holy Touch (and Righteousness; already -3 invested) as well--though of course, then here we're talking about cases where they don't have those powers I guess. Fire is probably about as useful as a catch, so, *shrug*. +3 in specialties is a straight 1.5 refresh--and the stacking onto other casting is balanced by it being only defensive and not all spells like a standard Specialization, figured around half a refresh at best for Holy, and then one for the toughness-reduction...Since you usually get around 1 refresh of Extra Benefit for free in a Sponsored Magic, I figured another refresh spent (@ -5 total) was worth a bit more than one more refresh in EB.

It'd be too expensive to cost at -6 I think. Maybe the +1 should be limited to just power/complexity.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:11:57 AM by dragoonbuster »
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge