Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 130760 times)

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
All righty.  I've finished my errands, and I have around 3 or 4 hours before my husband gets home.  I mostly know what'll happen in the next few scenes, so I'm hoping to get quite a bit done.  And if the cats interrupt me, I'm gonna splash 'em with water.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline synthesis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:52 AM »
I had to laugh at the cat comment, Starbeam . . . same at my house, only it's two dogs & 2 cats.  Pets just do not grasp the whole "I'm writing" concept :P

I was extremely proud of myself today . . . I wrote a chapter, loved the way it came out, but hated the direction it took (it sort of cornered my main character in a place I didn't want her to be in).  But, I managed to work her back out of it in the next chapter without having to plot serious revisions :P 

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2012, 02:26:45 AM »
thanks and well done any tips for edditing as i am getting to that stage for my first book now
the one i am mostly talking about is the siqual to the first one because i curently have to wait for sooper spell checkers to finnish with it
but its turt me some things about time manigment and asking someone to spellcheck 24,000 + words in one go is unrialistic
got to go do bio coruswork dam  ;D

good luck with all your witting everyone
CWG

My two suggestions are

1) if you do it yourself.  Be prepared to stop creating for a while.  While you go back over and over and over again the same line.  Pimping it for flow and readability.  As well as all those nasty comma and grammer mistakes we all make.

2) the much preferred option is to get someone or someones you can trust.  Give it to them a chapter or two at a time.  Preferrably one or two per day.  You send it, they revise and offer suggestions, you keep what you like and dump what you don't, all with a very nice thank you.  and then move on to the next section.  Finding someone who can help you with this is hard.  My advice is ask and keep asking, and be prepared if the people you ask, want you for help back in return.  Be honest and open about what you need and what you can do.  Don't take rejection personally.  Also try a few different sites like this one.

Baen's Bar, Hurog, Ilona andrews.  Find out which ones have something close to what you're looking for.  Put in some time before the mast helping others, and then try it.  Alternately I think local colleges have people who will help you for a small fee in their tutoring section.

I have no magic answers.  Just like writing, hard work and perseverence.  And once you find someone to help, make sure they're good and then keep them if at all possible.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2012, 06:02:48 AM »
thanks thats realy helpful i have a few people i can ask witch
i will do when they wake up as it around 6:50 am right now and it would not me a good idea to wake them up

thank you

CWG

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
okay finnished my chapter got past the 9000 barier this morning witch is realy good and the day has just begune so might actualy get another chapter done to day
i have done about 500-600 words in about two hours and been posting here so my day is ging well

good luck everyone with your writting
CWG  ;D

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »
okay so today has been a good day just finished chapter 10 and have done about 1,500 words so far to day  ;D
YES!!!

good luck everyone

CWG

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2012, 03:14:23 AM »
thanks thats realy helpful i have a few people i can ask witch
i will do when they wake up as it around 6:50 am right now and it would not me a good idea to wake them up

thank you

CWG

I hope it all works out for you.  Keep on keeping on.

Me I've kind of stalled out.  Maybe I'll try to go pump some more out.  Enough internet time 8)

Remember to always follow the dream,

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2012, 06:32:32 AM »
come on The Deposed King
you can do it  ;D

good luck

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
The long awaited screenplay is almost ready. 4 years in the making.

5 scenes left to revise for the new draft. Then one pass for typos.

Then off to posting to Amazon Studios.

Excited & Nervous Simultaneously....
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
wow well done yay
okay got my friend to agree to help me with editing my book(s)
she has supported and encuraged my writting for as long as i have known her
i have been writting longer then that
so she is offisaly aursme and a JB fan or at least a DF fan
might get a copy edited buy the end of next week latest yay

good luck everyone with your writting

CWG

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2012, 02:04:14 AM »
The long awaited screenplay is almost ready. 4 years in the making.

5 scenes left to revise for the new draft. Then one pass for typos.

Then off to posting to Amazon Studios.

Excited & Nervous Simultaneously....

Good for you.  Here's some good wishing for you  ;)

The Deposed King

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:58 AM »
Well, 7000 words across half a dozen short stories last week. It's the way I'm writing these days. The stories are all in the same universe (Battletech universe), across about twenty years of Universe time, and unconnected with each one.... ;)

Have to finish up a short piece for a BT product by next Monday. Hopefully, I can also finish the first draft of a least 2-3 stories this week. We'll see....

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »
And I spent most of the evening/night streightenig out my paranormal novel. Working on chapter 8, better than 90,000 words, but I'm going through and reworking it before I go for the finish.

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »
Apparently I got con crud at I-Con. Or something. Scratchy throat and coughing aren't too conducive to writing.  I've gotten maybe 1/2-3/4 page written the past two days.  So less than 250 words.  But I'm hoping this stuff will die quick, and the writing should pick up easily since I know where the next few scenes go.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »
Apparently I got con crud at I-Con. Or something. Scratchy throat and coughing aren't too conducive to writing.  I've gotten maybe 1/2-3/4 page written the past two days.  So less than 250 words.  But I'm hoping this stuff will die quick, and the writing should pick up easily since I know where the next few scenes go.

We're pulling for you.    Get better soon.

The deposed king