Author Topic: Black Council "Recruitment" [GS Spoilers]  (Read 17837 times)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
Re: Black Council "Recruitment" [GS Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:07 PM »
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beet------, nobody says the B word.
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline Starshine

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:45 AM »
Instead of a bunch of independent isolated cells of Black Council, it seems like the BC is more like a small group that contracts out its more visible actions.  I believe we have actually seen very few BC members who are fully in the know, namely Cowl, Kumori, and maybe Peabody (I can't decide if Mavra is actually BC or not). 

It seems like overall, the BC is set up like an octopus.  It has a central core that sets goals, and many arms that don't really know about each other but will push people around according to what the BC leadership want them to do.

I agree with you - this is how I see the BC as well.  A small group of powerful, dedicated individuals who try to manipulate events from behind the scenes and use catspaws to achieve their objectives.  Cowl is a BC member, and Ferrofax is probably another.  Kumori seemed like Cowl's assistant/apprentice [and I thought she died in DB?].  I dont think Peabody or Mavra are core BC members - neither of them seem strong enough.  My guess - Peabody was being "run" by the other wizard who was with him on the island, and who is probably a senior council member and BC.  Mavra is another catspaw who can be used to promote BC objectives.

I dont think any of the RC were BC members, though they were certainly egged on and supported by them. The BC tried to use the Red Court to destroy the WC and kill as many wizards as possible, because WC wizards are one of the groups strong enough to oppose them and their goals. 

I think this is what scared Nic so much - to realize at least one Denarian has a very different agenda from the rest of them.  Whether that Denarian is a BC member or another catspaw [although a powerful one], Im not sure.

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:22 AM »
We have WoJ that Kumori is still alive.

2011 NYC Signing Q&A:
Are we going to see more of Kumori? (edited for context)
Yeah, we can’t get rid of her yet.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:09:39 AM »
I like to imagine that the Black Court has a secret meeting place. On their wall is a Most Wanted poster of Harry wearing a Burger King crown and eating a whopper.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
  My guess - Peabody was being "run" by the other wizard who was with him on the island, and who is probably a senior council member and BC.  Mavra is another catspaw who can be used to promote BC objectives.

Though we cant be sure if Mavra's a team player or just playing teams against each other yet from the way Kincaid discribes her as world class bad news i'd be hesitant to write her off as a cats paw yet...remember we are getting this from a mercanary who was the right hand of Vlad Drakul for a time who can apparently take on Mab power wise. I figure Kincaid knows what he's talking about.

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 11:33:36 PM »
I like to imagine that the Black Court has a secret meeting place. On their wall is a Most Wanted poster of Harry wearing a Burger King crown and eating a whopper.
I'd pay good money for jim to write that in ;D

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »

The Malks in Hereot talked about how they would gain great favor with the Erlking if they killed Harry. I guess the Erlking could have a wanted poster too. Still, your comment is funny.

Offline ELRIC1987

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
my opinion is that nicodemeus was more upset because he did not get any say about the existence of that organization, i mean he is a predator and if you remember how thomas justified fighting for th "right" side in "backup" the you shall realize that nicodemeus considered the black council as a potential threat by its very existence; so the burning of arctis tor was something  that nicodemeus did not know about and as the premier individual when  it comes to bringing about the apocalypse he certainly did not want to share the spotlight with anyone,especially not people so secretive as to elude him,ad so powerful as to storm the HQ of one the major superpowers in the supernatural community

Offline fylan3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 06:24:53 AM »
Id bet money that Maggie Lefay was was either a member or an original founder. For ideological reasons.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
Id bet money that Maggie Lefay was was either a member or an original founder. For ideological reasons.

What makes you think that?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »
Well, the BC clearly intends to upend the status quo.  Maggie LeFay was an idealist unhappy with the status quo.  Those two facts certainly don't prove a relationship, but given Maggie LeFay's popularity and notable skills in the wizarding world, the other major backers of the BC probably would have considered her a useful recruit/dupe.

In addition, Maggie LeFay is known to have had a change of heart at some point that considerably rearranged her motivations.  After that change of heart, she planned to have a child with Outsider-bane properties.  Considering the BC's known links to Outsiders, a connection starts sounding pretty plausible to me.

Offline thepiratetheyfear

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
I think harry was being manipulated as a weapon for BC and still is hes fought them but a lot of his actions have made all the other super powers in the world weaker causing war and caos making it easer for the BC to gain power and control.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
I can see Harry's mom as an early plotter into the BC. A BC that might have been more altruistic in the beginning and was quickly corrupted by more sinister members. That could suggest that a controlled use of outsiders was a possible plan of action.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline thepiratetheyfear

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
and what was the scheme she wanted her fathers help in with white king and ariana both vampire courts and she wanted the blackstaffs help it couldnt be good

Offline Rastafla

• Participant
  • Lea and Mab fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »
I can see Harry's mom as an early plotter into the BC. A BC that might have been more altruistic in the beginning and was quickly corrupted by more sinister members. That could suggest that a controlled use of outsiders was a possible plan of action.

I also believe she was a part of the blackcouncil/The circle briefly. I assume it was as a new recruit through Lord Raith (I take his magical protection as outsider power at work and him as a top tier minion, possible member) as she was his consort and she then learned of some sinister goal and wanted out and was killed for it.

I don't buy that she while under influence of Lord Raith managed to spy or divine something of him. BC is practically impenetrable and he is a White Court vampire which prides itself upon deception and stealth for even more secrecy.
Mab and Lea are arguable the best characters. I would love a short story from Leas point of view doing something for Mab.