Author Topic: Breaking a Block.  (Read 1447 times)

Offline noom777

• Participant
    • View Profile
Breaking a Block.
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
If you make a block using evocation,a shield or a veil,the opponent needs to exceed the number of your block to break it or even if he meets the number it breaks?
Also,let's say that a player is using his guns as a block so noone can leave the room via a specific doorway.If an opponent manages to beat the block using athletics does the block counts as broken so every other opponent can move through the door now?
And,what is the duration of an evocation block used as armor?
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:11:11 AM by noom777 »

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
Re: Breaking a Block.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
  • Meet or exceed.
  • With the Guns block, the block is only broken by that one character.
  • Base duration is 1 exchange, so unless the player extends the duration with his next action, it lasts until his next action.
I'm the ComputerKing, I can Do Anything...
Into the Dark, A Podcast dedicated to Villainy
www.savethevillain.com

PS: %^#@ Orbius. This may or may not be relevant to the discussion, but whatever.

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
I am not sure that a Block made by a regular skill (like Guns to prevent people from leaving a room) can be "broken" - it is just the difficulty needed to perform a certain action.

As far as I can see, only Blocks made through Evocation can be "broken". The only place where I can find that a Block can be "broken" is the Grapple, but I can't see that any other regular Blocks can be "broken".

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »
2. What computerking said... but if someone outside the room messes with the gun wielder the block may be declared ended/stopped etc. Nothing in this system is absolute.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:34:24 AM »
I agree with computerking on all counts.

Though I would allow an action specifically intended to break a block to work. If somebody uses Might to block anybody from getting through a doorway, I ought to be able to break his block by forcing him away with Might or Guns.

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »
I also agree, but my point was that if the person that created the block with Guns (to prevent people leaving the room through a specific doorway), the block is not "broken" just because someone succeeds in moving out from the room.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 07:00:49 PM »
Yeah, I know, I agree.