Author Topic: Harry Dresden, Most Wanted [GS Spoils]  (Read 10745 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Harry Dresden, Most Wanted [GS Spoils]
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »
So, assuming Harry is to stay among the living, he will probably be returning to the real world at some point.  Maybe not at the beginning of CD, maybe not even by the end.  But when he does return, what can he expect to have waiting for him, legally?

01)  His office building was destroyed with military-grade explosives.  They may even be able to determine that they came from/around his office.
02)  His destroyed car was presumably found outside the broken-and-entered home of the local cop investigating him.
03)  His house was burned down while he was there, and it started at the entrance to his sub-basement apartment.
04)  Witnesses will place him at, and fleeing from, the FBI building while it was under attack from 'South American Drug Cartel Assassins'.
05)  He was known to be at a houseboat not registered to him, where enough blood was found to indicate a murder took place.  But not his, seeing as he's alive.
06)  His file likely indicates that he has been involved with or at several building fires.
07)  He has been arrested and escaped police custody on at least two occasions.
08)  He has been implicated in previous events resulting in the deaths of local cops and FBI agents.
09)  He may be tied to any investigation involving Molly, if she has been seen and recognized while masquerading as the Rag Lady.
10)  He is a known acquaintance of a now-terminated local cop who was previously under I.A. investigation.
11)  He is a known acquaintance of John Marcone, and rumor has it that he was possibly at one time on his payroll.
12)  Further investigation may reveal that his destroyed home has been bought and rebuilt into a small fortress by a known gangster.
13)  Further investigation may also place the former cop at the building, and associating with criminals and mercenaries at that location.
14)  Most importantly, he has civil charges still levied against him on behalf of Larry Fowler.

And with S.I. under new scrutiny after Murphy's release, they may drudge up some interesting items in the, pardon the pun, Dresden Files.
01)  Former warrant out for his arrest in the death of Linda Randall.
02)  Possibly named at the trial of Mr. & Mrs. Beckitt, who can place him at the scene of another death and building fire.
03)  Possible record of his presence prior to the building fire at the Velvet room.
04)  Former warrant out for his arrest in the death of Kim Delaney.
05)  Record on file of escaping police custody from the MacFinn residence.
06)  Record on file of his presence at a multi-homicide attack at the C.P.D., and tied to building structural damage.
07)  Possibly named by any surviving Streetwolves, placing him at the scene of a multiple homicide.
08)  Record on file of his known acquaintance with and possible employment by a known criminal.
09)  Record on file of entering a hospital with weapons, accompanied by a man wielding a sword and armor.
10)  Possible record of his presence at the multiple homicide and building fire at a local mansion.
11)  Record on file of structural and equipment damage at the Larry Fowler studio.
12)  Possibly known as being present at a reported shooting in the parking garage of the studio the same evening.
13)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at a part where a hotel received structural and equipment damage.
14)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at the airport where a brutalized corpse was found.
15)  Possible record of a man fitting his description attending a party at Mr. Genosa's residence, where a security guard was killed.
16)  Possibly named in a report of the numerous deaths associated with Mr. Genosa's company.
17)  Possibly named in a report for Mr. Genosa's ex-wives mysteriously disappearing.
18)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at a multiple homicide and building fire at a local homeless shelter.
19)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at a homicide at the city morgue.
20)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at the event causing building damage at Bock Ordered Books.
21)  Hospital record of his admission with a shurinkan/throwing star wound.
22)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at the Field museum, both after and prior to homicides, damage, and theft at that location.
23)  Possible record of reported damage to his sub-basement by his landlord.
24)  Possible record of his presence at numerous homicides at a film convention.
25)  Record on file as the contact for one Molly Carpenter, known associate of a young man named Nelson, arrested by the police.
26)  Possible record of prints at a local theater which was broken into and damaged.
27)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at an apartment building fire.
28)  Possible record of his presence at the bombing of a police vehicle.
29)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at a hotel with structural damage.
30)  Possible record of prints at a building downtown which suffered a break-in, structural damage, and gunfire.
31)  Possible record of a man fitting his description at the train station when there was a multiple homicide, as well as structural and equipment damange.
32)  Possible record of prints at the destruction of the Shedd Aquarium.
33)  Hospital record of admission of a known acquaintance of his for multiple gunshot wounds.
34)  Record of his car being impounded for illegal parking.
35)  Record of his presence at a homicide near the Borden apartment.
36)  Record of his presence at an altercation at a storage facility, resulting in property damage.
37)  Record of the mysterious destruction of his car outside a police officer's home.
38)  Record of the mysterious destruction of his office building.
39)  Record of the mysterious destruction of his apartment building.
40)  Record of his presence at a shooting and possible homicide scene.

Forgive me if I missed a few possibilities.  It's just a rough sketch of his possible file at S.I.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Dresden, Most Wanted [GS Spoils]
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:43 PM »
So, assuming Harry is to stay among the living, he will probably be returning to the real world at some point.  Maybe not at the beginning of CD, maybe not even by the end.  But when he does return, what can he expect to have waiting for him, legally?

Definitely a spot on the most wanted list.

05)  He was known to be at a houseboat not registered to him, where enough blood was found to indicate a murder took place.  But not his, seeing as he's alive.

Couldn't he just give a sample of his blood to prove that all the blood was his?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:42:30 PM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:19:01 AM »
Couldn't he just give a sample of his blood to prove that all the blood was his?

How long would a sample last?  Or would they simply run tests and hold on to the results, in case they needed them down the line? 

In addition to his regular offenses, here are some interesting laws for Illinois and Chicago that could be used against him if the cops gets desperate.

Illinois Laws:
-You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.  (Surely he's been in this situation)
-All bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts. (I'm sure Mister agrees)
-It is illegal to give a dog whiskey. (Does Mouse drink whiskey, or only coke and Mac's brew?)

Chicago Laws:
-It's illegal to serve liquor to the feeble-minded. (Well, Mac's in trouble)
-Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.  (Now you KNOW he's been at every place on fire for the last 10 years, surely he's been snacking)
-People who are diseased, maimed, mutilated, or "otherwise an unsightly or disgusting object" are banned from going out in public. (Would his hand count?)

Offline Karley

• Participant
  • Fabricati Diem, Pvnc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »
-Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.  (Now you KNOW he's been at every place on fire for the last 10 years, surely he's been snacking)

You would think that if a place were ablaze, then you're first thought would be "Oh SH*T!!!!!" and concentrate on getting the hell out of dodge and NOT: "Oh, hmmmm - would you look at that, the house is on fire! Dear, get the marshmallows, will you? Now is the perfect time to make s'mores! Jolly good family fun, making s'mores!"

But here's the question: Do the police know that he's been roasting marshmallows while committing recreational arson?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:36:32 AM by Karley »

Offline Cozarkian

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:02 AM »
That's probably a similar list as the things in Marcone's file, and yet the cops haven't been able to touch him. The problem is, the cops can't tie him to a crime on any particular issue, and you can't charge someone with "he's involved in a bunch of things and has to have done something illegal at some point."

The recent actions will likely be explained as an attempt on his life (DNA on the boat will show it was Harry's), so Harry will just need a story as to where he was hiding and how he recovered over the past 6 months.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there is an FBI agent that recently started to believe in magic and vampires. He might help keep Harry protected from too much digging.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 12:51:02 AM »
Oh, he'll be wanted for questioning.  Beyond that, though, he'll be good, because despite his (VERY) long rap sheet, he's never been convicted of a crime.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Bwleon7

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »
The White Council has been around for centuries. I'm sure they know how to cover their own when they need too and have the people in place to do so.

It wouldn't take much to make things cloudy. Just keep the reports simple. A suspect, White male, between 5'8 and 6'8, between the ages of 25 and 40 was last seen......  While they have not lied about Harry's description they have made it so vague that it could be far too many people to take it serious.

Don't forget that Harry is a Private Detective and  a pretty high profile consultant for the police.. The police know that he would have his share of enemies and also might get tips that could put him at the scene of a few crimes. While that doesn't explain everything it would be something they would consider.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:58:37 AM by Bwleon7 »
“So,” he said. “Mab.”
I grunted vaguely in reply.
“You hit that,” Sanya said.
I did not look at him. My face felt red.
“You”—he scrunched up his nose, digging in his memory—“tapped that ass. Presumably, it was phat.”

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »
Except he was a high profile consultant for a disgraced cop and was considered a waste of money by many other cops in good standing with politicians in what many call the most corrupt city in the world.

Tilly can only do so much for him.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Sydna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »
And if they check on his earlier life, his foster father's house mysteriously burned down, killing him. After which he and his foster sister mysteriously disappeared.
Not by fire but by ice.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »
How long would a sample last?  Or would they simply run tests and hold on to the results, in case they needed them down the line? 

I was thinking more "compare a sample of Harry's blood and a sample of the blood at the crime scene and notice that they're a dna match".

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline jeffs

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 04:46:19 AM »
I'm sure that Mab has a good attorney. Also that she will want her mortal champion to be able to opperate in the mortal world.

Plus the statue of limitation has to have past on some of that stuff by now. ;)

Offline derrick

• Conversationalist
  • Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
I'm your host, John Walsh. On this episode of America's Most Wanted...

Good post.  Maybe the Warden's Dresden Dossier needs to be updated?
WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm, esoteric verbiage, nonstandard formatting, disjointed thoughts, and/or inappropriate remarks about goldfish.

Offline kokolores

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
This is one of the two main reasons why he has to make his new home on Demonreach. He has become so notorious living in the city would be stupid because he would have constant trouble with the mortal authorities and because it would just needlessly endanger his neighbours.
If there's something strange in the your neighborhood, who you gonna call?
Ghost Harry.
If there's something weird and it don't look good Who ya gonna call?
Ghost Harry.
I ain't afraid of no ghosts I ain't afraid of no ghosts

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »
I'm your host, John Walsh. On this episode of America's Most Wanted...

Good post.  Maybe the Warden's Dresden Dossier needs to be updated?

There are a few things there that need to be changed such as the number of paranet members (its in the tens of thousands not in the hundreds) and the section on wild fae serving him needs to be changed from summer lady aurora to summer lady lily.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:05 AM »

Personally, I would assume the immediate reaction is that Harry faked his own death.  And even showing off the scars of the entry & exit points, won't likely sway that opinion.

I don't think he'll be accused of murder for this, but I would think faking you own death is frowned upon by the police.  Plus, he likely owes back taxes.  Since he's been gone a year.