Author Topic: compare your villan/antagonist  (Read 1444 times)

Offline lokpik89

• Lurker
    • View Profile
compare your villan/antagonist
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »
Im tinkering with a priest type whose perfected a ritual in the last 20 years tired of the harm he sees demons or the possessed inflict (im making him like morty but with diabolism).
The intent is to cleanse a demonic force and it worked sorta (basically a very very  watered down version of the dark hallow). he summons a bunch of them and doesnt try to destroy but convert their energy. It makes him crazy powerfull but also crazy he loses his faith and our heroes have there work cut out for him.

i doubt il be able to make it work but, you know how it is to make an enemy even the munchkin in the group wont want to tangle with.
cant decide if he'll have an ecto suit to make him spawn like or if he'll summon minions and roast our heroes beside the marshmellows

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: compare your villan/antagonist
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
Sounds like an interesting idea.

So, what exactly is this thread for?

Do you want help statting this guy up?

Offline lokpik89

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:01 PM »
thanks for the offer.(il have to find a group to play with first, (smallll town)
i thought it would be interesting to see what some people thought of there favorite villian

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
In my experience, a villain with minions is ALWAYS easier to balance than a solo villain.  So far that's been borne out in many game systems, not just DFRPG.  I vote for the summoned minions angle, lokpik.

And still give him a badass tainted priest cassock or something Spawn-like, so he can use Wings and maybe Cloak of Shadows and stuff.

Offline Bubba Amon Hotep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »
The players haven't gotten there yet.  But when the "reveal" comes about.  The BBEG is going to be a sentient tree that possesses people via its fruit.  The players have been fighting their way through low level gang members, various corrupt cops, a few corp types with security, and into a research facility.  I am going to love the look on their faces when the final door opens and in the middle of the botanical garden is a huge twisted tree.  Surrounded by white lab coats tending to it.  They are going to be yelling things like "protect the boss", "don't let them hurt the boss", all the time throwing themselves at the party with a zealot like glee.  After the battle.  The players will look around for the "boss".  If they don't put two and two together, then the tree can come after them later, after it gets new minions of course.  *insert evil laughter here*

Offline lokpik89

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
That is awesome.
if the fruit is sweet you might also have some of the lil people in the mix if the dont notice the tree.

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:29:32 AM »
i doubt il be able to make it work but, you know how it is to make an enemy even the munchkin in the group wont want to tangle with.
Depends on your definition of munchkin.
Munchkin - someone who breaks the rules to create a force majuere character
Powergamer - someone who create a character that is as powerful as possible within the rules
I have yet to see a villian that a munchkin won't want to tangle with. But there are plenty of villains that a powergamer won't tangle with.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear